fostex vf-08 news?

Posted by: DJTOMMY

fostex vf-08 news? - 02/04/01 08:18 AM

anybody know where can find fostex vf-08 perview or gear test etc?
Posted by: Rube

Re: fostex vf-08 news? - 02/05/01 08:32 PM

Hi...I got a Fostex VF08 last month...I like it very much..im not professional musician, but like to record music as my hobby...I have a web page were u can hear what I did with the Fostex. http://www.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Rube/
..the tracks "Besame and My Samba" I did with the Fostex reorder and Korg keyboard..its very simple to use and has more than enough fetures for what Im using it for..only drawback is that u can only record 2 tracks at a time..other than that..its great and easy to use...like the big HD it has..I used to record the music on my puter before as u can hear on some of the other tracks on my site...but this is better.. U can also check out www.fostex.com for further info about the FV08...let me know if you need more feed back...
Regards Rube:-)
Posted by: DJTOMMY

Re: fostex vf-08 news? - 02/06/01 01:03 AM

hi,Rube
thxs ur info.the sound from vf-08 is it good?
i been ur site.u music is great.keep the good work.para salud.
tommy
Posted by: Rube

Re: fostex vf-08 news? - 02/06/01 11:14 AM

Hi again..
The Fostex is digital...so its not like analog multitracker,,,theres no hiss sound from your recording like cassettes tapes cuz your recording into a HD..I got a couple of mics also..one condenser and one that they gave me as gift when I bought the Fostex wich is dynamic for voice recording..I will try them during these few weeks with my friend who plays the flute and I will mix some music for him, so he can do the lead and record it on the condenser mic wich needs phantom power wich the FV08 also has.you can also record directly from your keyboard, like Im doing..I do about 5 tracks for a song,,put the bass on 1, perc on 2, brass on track 3 and melody on 4, like the piano or sax..I have headphones to monitor the stuff I record and lay down a new track...its very easy to use...Im glad you liked my music..Im doing mostly latin music now since im from the caribbean...if you want more info about the VF08 or any other matter that I can help u with, let me know..
nrube@hotmail.com
Saludos..Rube:-)