Concerned, How is 4.0 going?....

Posted by: Lou Y

Concerned, How is 4.0 going?.... - 03/09/03 01:29 PM

I've been holding off on this board only because of past glitches... I'd like to know how it's going with the new o/s and if you are pleased more-so now with your Sd1

------------------
Lou
Posted by: DanO1

Re: Concerned, How is 4.0 going?.... - 03/09/03 02:11 PM

Hi Lou ,

I have personally upgraded 5 Sd1's so far .

All install's have been successful and everyone seems happy .

It will be nice to see some more feedback .

Dan

Re: Concerned, How is 4.0 going?.... - 03/09/03 03:03 PM

Dan
I 'm interested in this board and have been for some time now, but there doesn't seem to be enough feedback from owners and usually its with some type of problem if there is. I was hoping to hear more pros and cons after the o/s update, but all is pretty quiet. I like this board a lot, but I just can't make another bad purchase. To bad there not in stores to be seen.

------------------
Lou

[This message has been edited by Lou Y (edited 03-09-2003).]

Re: Concerned, How is 4.0 going?.... - 03/09/03 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lou Y:
Dan
I 'm interested in this board and have been for some time now, but there doesn't seem to be enough feedback from owners and usually its with some type of problem if there is. I was hoping to hear more pros and cons after the o/s update, but all is pretty quiet. I like this board a lot, but I just can't make another bad purchase. To bad there not in stores to be seen.

I've noticed that when people post something as a problem , it usually isn't . IMO it's more the lack of good , qualified people to support their purchase .

I'm helping more people who are not my original customers , learn about what the keyboard can do and not do .

I can provide names + numbers of some of my customers if you wish .

Dano
Posted by: Bob Wheeler

Re: Concerned, How is 4.0 going?.... - 03/09/03 05:02 PM

Lou,

I installed 4.0 without any problems. It was easy to do and the keyboard sounds awesome! It was a huge improvement over an already outstanding keyboard. The new styles are great...as are the new electric pianos and organs. Hope this helps.

Bob
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: Concerned, How is 4.0 going?.... - 03/09/03 10:59 PM

The OS update works very well: the sound is now overall cleaner and many instruments are different (better for the greatest part). A few sounds seem thinner, and I have read somewhere that this is due to the fact that in the old OS they were actually a layer of two or even three single sounds. That's the reason why they were so fat and rich (I am thinking especially of the Golden Trumpet or the Pop Tenor); now they are thinner, but you can always edit your sounds and save them as programs. That seems to be the reason why the SD1 now has up to 15 notes of polyphony more for the right hand.
Posted by: Roel

Re: Concerned, How is 4.0 going?.... - 03/10/03 03:17 AM

Lou,

I did my upgrade a few weeks ago without problems. (and another 2 SD1's two days later)

I'm VERY happy with it.... and most owners are sooo busy exploring the OS4.0 .... I guess

'Silence' means : No problems and satisfied customers.

Roel
Posted by: DAN.2000

Re: Concerned, How is 4.0 going?.... - 03/10/03 05:34 AM

Dreamer ! it's my suposition about sounds and polyphony...
I think, I'm right...
Last night I played with in a party...
The JazzSamba style was so good !! with smooth shakers ... and good bass...

Re: Concerned, How is 4.0 going?.... - 03/10/03 06:21 AM

If you guys go to Ketron's website , you will see a list of "new" SD1 styles that are for sale ?

The "new styles " are incredible .

Dano

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 03-10-2003).]

Re: Concerned, How is 4.0 going?.... - 03/10/03 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:

The "new styles " are incredible .

Dano

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 03-10-2003).]

Too bad you cannot order them online, because no shops seem to carry them, not even here in Italy!

Dan2000, now I remember: you were posting on the Ketron France Club? Est ca vrai?
Posted by: SD_FAN

Re: Concerned, How is 4.0 going?.... - 03/10/03 12:16 PM

Hi Lou,

I have installed the SD-1 Rel.4.0 without problems.
The sounds are more clean, without noises, specifically the eletr. pianos, saxes
and organs (the Piano is amazing).
Till now I detect only a small problem, easy to solve (see my comments: “AJ help Miller 4.0……”, 02/27/2003) .
The great advantage of this keyboard is the facility to load the styles and sound parameters of rel.3.0 for rel.4.0 and vice-versa.
I love this keyboard.

Armando

Re: Concerned, How is 4.0 going?.... - 03/10/03 02:32 PM

Tu es francais Dreamer?
tu es qui dans le forum francais?

Re: Concerned, How is 4.0 going?.... - 03/10/03 03:14 PM

To All...
Thanks for the your opinions on the Sd1 and please keep the feedback coming...

------------------
Lou

Re: Concerned, How is 4.0 going?.... - 03/10/03 10:20 PM

Dan,
je ne suis pas francais, mais italien. Je n'ai jamias ecrit dans le Forum francais car je n'ai jamais eu l'occasion... (dommage, je sais...)
Vive l'Europe!
Andrea

Re: Concerned, How is 4.0 going?.... - 03/11/03 02:48 AM

Un Italien qui parle Francais ) Sympa!!

Cela dis... niveau politique, en ce moment, je me sens plus proche des américains que des européens fatigués...
Posted by: SD_FAN

Re: Concerned, How is 4.0 going?.... - 03/11/03 05:02 AM

Andrea,

Parla Italiano

Speak English

Parlais Français

e agora fala também Português.

WOW

Armando

[This message has been edited by SD_FAN (edited 03-11-2003).]

Re: Concerned, How is 4.0 going?.... - 03/11/03 11:41 AM

Armando,

meu português é ainda muito primitivo,

pero yo hablo español.....

.....und Ich spreche auch ein wenig deutsch (nur ein bisschen, muss Ich sagen)

Viva o Brasil!
Ciao!
Andrea
Posted by: Roel

Re: Concerned, How is 4.0 going?.... - 03/12/03 02:07 PM

Andrea is a real multi-lingualist.

Fact is that people who have English or Spanish as 'first' language often have no 2nd language they can speak or read/write.

Many European people have one-, two- or three 2nd languages. Dutchies get at least 2 foreign languages at school. (English, German, French or spanish)

Another fact is that e.g. people from The Netherlands really try to communicate in the language of the 'foreigner', while for example many French people do not even try.
Once I visited Bruxelles (Belgium) a bi-lingual city : French and Dutch.
As I stayed in an expensive hotel I found two bar-tenders (both Belgium !) speaking English to eachother. None of the guys wanted to 'please' the other one by trying to speak his language

Was Ich an die Deutsche Sprache nicht schoen finde sind die notwendige Buchstaben und komplizierte Grammatik.

Auf wiedersehen !
Aju paraplu ! (my home-dialect)

Roel

Re: Concerned, How is 4.0 going?.... - 03/13/03 06:21 AM

Roel,
du hast ganz recht!
But at least german and dutch are not so different...
Aju paraplu? This reminds me of the french word "parapluie" (umbrella), but of course the meaning is quite different!
Ciao!
Andrea