New SD1 Styles

Posted by: JCkeeys

New SD1 Styles - 01/02/03 05:47 PM

I have asked this before but did not get an answer. I have the XD9 styles on my SD1 and they ALL sound GREAT. My question to anyone out there that has the NEW SD1 styles is "Are They The Same"? Does it make sense to purchase the NEW SD1 styles??? Anyone?Thanks!!
Still Love My SD1!!!!!!
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: New SD1 Styles - 01/02/03 05:59 PM

JCkeeys,

Most of the New Flash styles that will be available when OS 4.0a is released will be different. The OS will have the new drum loops that will permit direct compatibility b/w the XD9 and SD1.

Thanks,

AJ
Posted by: DanO1

Re: New SD1 Styles - 01/02/03 07:09 PM

AJ ,

Ketron released a library of "new SD1 styles" that are being offered for sale .
The styles in this library were born on the XD9 design . Right ?

From what I gather , a ketron club in Europe is giving styles away and saying that they are the XD9 styles converted for SD1 users.

Is the library being offered for sale by Ketron going around for free ? OR are the styles different ?

I know this ....you can only put 4 or 5 styles on 1 disk ( styles from library) .
If Sd1 users are downloading 5 or more styles on one disk , they can not be the same.

Dano

Re: New SD1 Styles - 01/02/03 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JCkeeys:
I have asked this before but did not get an answer. I have the XD9 styles on my SD1 and they ALL sound GREAT. My question to anyone out there that has the NEW SD1 styles is "Are They The Same"? Does it make sense to purchase the NEW SD1 styles??? Anyone?Thanks!!
Still Love My SD1!!!!!!

Hey John ,
I had a problem getting the tryo's styles down loaded onto disk .

When you play your current "xd9 styles" on the Sd1 , do .snd files load before you can play ? Did that make sense ? dnao
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: New SD1 Styles - 01/02/03 10:09 PM

Dan,

Ketron released a library of "new SD1 styles" that are being offered for sale .
The styles in this library were born on the XD9 design . Right ?
>>>AJ: Correct. The new Flash styles soon to be made available were designed uniquely for the SD1.

From what I gather , a ketron club in Europe is giving styles away and saying that they are the XD9 styles converted for SD1 users.
>>>AJ: Complete convertion (which utilizes most SD1 loops) cannot be possible at this time due to the missing audio loops that are unique to the X-series and not yet created for the SD1 (OS 3.0c or lower). It would be like converting a SD1 style for a Yamaha Pro keyboard - the drum 2 track will be completely missing and in most cases, the style would sound 'empty', unlike the original. However when you purchase these similar styles from Ketron/distributor, the style disk will come with the apporpriate audio (.ins) loops that will also have to be loaded whenever this style is to be used. OS4.0 will minimize this.

Is the library being offered for sale by Ketron going around for free ?
>>>AJ: Officially, No. Unless someone purchases them and makes copies.

Thanks,

AJ
Posted by: GlennT

Re: New SD1 Styles - 01/03/03 07:58 AM

Does that mean the new flash styles will be playable on the XD9? Thanks, G

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ketron_AJ:
Most of the New Flash styles that will be available when OS 4.0a is released will be different. The OS will have the new drum loops that will permit direct compatibility b/w the XD9 and SD1.
Posted by: JCkeeys

Re: New SD1 Styles - 01/03/03 03:07 PM

DAN.....I re-sent you the Tyros Zip. The XD9 Styles I have do not have .snd files with them. I assume they were converted for the SD1.
AJ...If I understand you correctly after 4.0 is here and installed on my SD1 the NEW SD1 styles being offered by Ketron will be a worthwhile investment because they will be unique? Different? Not the same as the New Flash styles?
Thanks!.

Re: New SD1 Styles - 01/03/03 03:14 PM

My understanding is :

34 new sd1 styles that can substitute any of the 109 SD1 RAM styles .

New Library that consist of 80 styles . 3 to 5 styles per disk . The 80 styles all have .snd files attched . The titles are the same as what you'll find on the XD9 menu .

Re: New SD1 Styles - 01/03/03 03:17 PM

JCkeys ,

If you have a style called latin dance 2 , send it to me . If not....any of the styles (2 or 3) you down loaded would be cool . I'll make a comparison .

Dano