X1Hd or Xd9 or Sd1 or MidJay ???

Posted by: TheParadiseTrio

X1Hd or Xd9 or Sd1 or MidJay ??? - 09/08/04 03:28 PM

Hi AJ,

I travel and work around the world with a Solton X1HD since 2000 and I love it. I`'ve never had a problem with it, I only had the LCD replace last year.

Because I want to play safe, I want to buy another X1 for back up, in case of a breakage of misfunction.

Here's my question : Using 80% Registration and 20% midi files on the live gig. What should I buy : a X1Hd, or a XD9, or a SD1, or the new MidJay ???

Thanks for the help, Best regards,

Francois Dallaire, of Montreal
The Paradise Trio

------------------
The Paradise Trio
Posted by: GlennT

Re: X1Hd or Xd9 or Sd1 or MidJay ??? - 09/08/04 03:44 PM

If you wind up getting the MidJay, there are some here that would love to have your review on it... seems like a dynamite product. Good luck.

Glenn
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: X1Hd or Xd9 or Sd1 or MidJay ??? - 09/09/04 11:36 PM

TheParadiseTrio,

Tough call. If you work with 80% Registrations and want a back-up a regular X1 will do. I say this because the Registrations are NOT transferable b/w the X1, XD9, SD1 or Midijay, so if it is for real back up purposes, I would say another X1.
However, if you won't mind moving up, an SD1Plus would be the best way to go ... if you do not mind re-programming the Registrations on the SD1Plus as well. Now if you want to add the vast and great capability of AUDIO manipulation, MIDIJAY would be worth the wait!!

Thanks,

AJ
Posted by: TheParadiseTrio

Re: X1Hd or Xd9 or Sd1 or MidJay ??? - 09/10/04 10:56 AM

Thanks a lot AJ, Your anwer will sure help me.

Now I'm sure that I will do the right move
by getting another X1, and I will try the Midjay as soon as it will be available.

Merci,
Francois