Ketron SD90

Posted by: DaveGD

Ketron SD90 - 02/23/20 02:57 PM

I just received my new SD90 2 days ago. From the manual I notice that the Arranger/Variation parts of the style should have 4-8 parts ie.
A1,A2,B1,B2,C1,C2,D1 and D2.
I can only select A1,B1,C1 and D1 even with Live Styles. How do I select the other 4 parts.
Hope someone can help.
Thanks,
DaveD
Posted by: synerjim

Re: Ketron SD90 - 02/23/20 11:32 PM

If you want to get the other variation (i.e. A1 to A2) press that variation button again and it will play the other variation. When you press the button again, it'll go back to the previous variation, it'll just cycle back. I love this Ketron feature.

Re: Ketron SD90 - 02/24/20 01:16 AM

Thanks for the reply Jim. I have tried pressing the A button again but the variation does not change except with a few of the styles. Should all styles have a choice of 8 variations?
Thanks,
Dave
Posted by: Ingres

Re: Ketron SD90 - 02/24/20 01:38 AM

Hi
I don't have SD9 nor SD90 but I think only SOME styles have 8 variations.
When playing such styles, the display, instead of showing "A" ( or "B" or "C" or "D"), will show "A1" ( or "B1' or "C1" or "D1").
Hope that helps.
Posted by: country_man

Re: Ketron SD90 - 02/24/20 02:56 AM

It is true. Only a few factory styles have this option. Does anyone know how to create 8 user variations?
Posted by: Ingres

Re: Ketron SD90 - 02/24/20 04:42 AM

I doubt.
have you tried modifying a '8 variations' style and saving it as user style?
Posted by: synerjim

Re: Ketron SD90 - 02/24/20 11:37 AM

Yes, only few styles has 8 variations. I use registrations which includes modified styles including with the 8 variations. I don't use or create user styles as for me that's another step in the process.

Re: Ketron SD90 - 02/24/20 04:53 PM

Thanks for clearing up the matter of the limited no. of variations each style contains. The instruction manual was confusing.

DaveD

Ketron SD90 Multipads? - 02/24/20 04:57 PM

I have my Ketron SD90 for a few days now. I have been used playing a Tyros 3 keyboard. Does the Ketron have the equivalent of the Yamaha multipads? If so where do I find them. The Yamaha multipads were excellent.
Thanks,
DaveD
Posted by: kierc.0857

Re: Ketron SD90 Multipads? - 02/25/20 03:24 AM

Anyone got info on what the actual styles with the 8 variations are?
Posted by: Sokratis 1974

Re: Ketron SD90 - 02/28/20 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By country_man
It is true. Only a few factory styles have this option. Does anyone know how to create 8 user variations?

You can to create a User Style with different Variation on SD9, SD90, SD60 but it's only for Audio Drums and User Audio Drums..
This means that we can not create different orchestration for each Audio Drums Variation..
For each Ketron Style we can to create 3 different Chord Variations/Orchestration: Maj, Min, Sev on each Part (Variation, Fills, etc)...
If you want to create a Floder with normal User Audio Drums wav Audio Loop Parts we must give manes:
ARRA.wav = For Variation A
ARRB.wav = For Variation B
ARRC.wav = For Variation C
ARRD.wav = For Variation D

If You want to add an additional Variation Audio Drums elements for arrangements A / B / C / D, these additional files
should be named as: ARRA_1.wav, ARRB_1.wav, etc
Some Preset Audio Styles have been created with this method...

Posted by: country_man

Re: Ketron SD90 - 02/29/20 01:24 PM

WOW! Thank you Sokratis! It's perfect to create additional drum variations (even for some factory/copied styles!) ...
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Ketron SD90 - 03/07/20 06:56 AM

Never new this..

It shows yet again Ketron styles have most depth... from all brands
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: Ketron SD90 - 03/10/20 12:54 PM

This is illustrated in this video we did showing off one of the new American Country styles with walking bass lines (starting at 00:33).

Video:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAGfNFvsUic&t=365s

Notice top left side of screen showing A-1, C-1, D-1 .. etc. These are the 1st 4 standard variations. At 02:04, variation 8 is activated by simply pressign Arr D once more to go from Var D_1 (Variation 4) to D_2 (Variation 8).

So ...

Variation : Screen displays ...
Var 1 = A_1
Var 2 = B_1
Var 3 = C_1
Var 4 = D_1
Var 5 = A_2 (accessed by pressing Var A twice).
Var 6 = B_2 (accessed by pressing Var B twice).
Var 7 = C_2 (accessed by pressing Var C twice).
Var 8 = D_2 (accessed by pressing Var D twice).

Hope that explains.

Thanks,