Ketron SD7 Updates

Posted by: Sapphire

Ketron SD7 Updates - 04/27/18 08:37 AM

Will there be any more firmware updates for the SD7 or have Ketron switched all their resources to the SD9.

Alan
Posted by: Eddi65

Re: Ketron SD7 Updates - 05/12/18 12:07 PM

Hi.
I have SD 40 and I can inform you that the new update is in Beta testing. Lot of new stuff comming....

Re: Ketron SD7 Updates - 05/12/18 12:09 PM

and more..
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Ketron SD7 Updates - 05/12/18 01:44 PM

Good news, if it is done in my lifetime-seriously.
Posted by: audyaplayer

Re: Ketron SD7 Updates - 05/13/18 01:03 AM

Nice,than this is also for the SD9,

Re: Ketron SD7 Updates - 05/13/18 01:31 AM

No, SD7 and SD40 only

Re: Ketron SD7 Updates - 05/13/18 08:16 AM

Looking forward to that already. Lets hope it arrives.

Alan

Re: Ketron SD7 Updates - 05/22/18 03:43 AM

Well unbelivers... here it is:
https://www.ketron.it/software/562-sd40/sd40-1-1-0

Re: Ketron SD7 Updates - 05/22/18 06:44 AM

Shame I've got an SD7.

Alan
Posted by: hammer

Re: Ketron SD7 Updates - 05/22/18 07:02 AM

Me too - where is the SD7 update???

Deane

Re: Ketron SD7 Updates - 06/13/18 09:50 AM

Still waiting. confused1
Posted by: country_man

Re: Ketron SD7 Updates - 06/18/18 10:57 PM

Me too! What is important to FIX on SD7:

1. Please FIX bass on 3/4 styles (like waltz) with auto fill - its play sometimes 2! notes - its NOT PLAYABLE !!
2. Modeling Audio Drums is nice (change styles with another AD rythm), but what WITH ENDINGS !? Audio drums beats WHOLE PATERNS in endings! All instruments play ending riffs, but Audio Drums NOT, its necessary to STOP style on first beat - ITS NOT PROFESSIONAL !! Make it please like for midis ...
3. FIX please ROCK TENOR RAM voice. It makes on velocity about 80 to 100 very low volume sound. ITS NOT PLAYABLE DYNAMICALLY !!
4. Please FIX saving DISPLAY TOUCH SETTING after calibration !!! When I calibrate touch zones after restart its back ! When I want touch button ON END its switch BASSIST !

Wishes:

- please add STEREO INPUTS to keyboard !! For connect external sound modules etc. Very usefull for many musiciants praxis (notebook VST engine, second keyboard)...
- and KETRON please set up SAMPLER !!!!! When is possible to load factory RAM sounds from disk, it must be possible to load ANY SELF CREATED SOUNDS! It cannot be so complicated with some easy PC/MAC program ...

Once again - KETRON give us a FREEDOM, give us a SAMPLER !!! And you will be THE BEST !!

LIFE IS TOO SHORT for waiting ...

Re: Ketron SD7 Updates - 07/28/18 10:54 AM

Still waiting.

Re: Ketron SD7 Updates - 08/02/18 11:02 AM

Well forgive me for being pessimistic but it looks like the SD7 has been forgotten now. Updates have been released for later models but not the SD7.

Perhaps it's time to trade this in and look for a new board.

Alan.
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: Ketron SD7 Updates - 08/02/18 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By Sapphire
Well forgive me for being pessimistic but it looks like the SD7 has been forgotten now. Updates have been released for later models but not the SD7.

Perhaps it's time to trade this in and look for a new board.

Alan.

... The SD9 Pro is highly recommended...
Posted by: Torch

Re: Ketron SD7 Updates - 08/02/18 04:05 PM

I have an SD40, and so this doesn't affect me. However, I feel bad for fellow Ketron owners. The SD40 and the SD7 are like an industrial twin. Ketron could have very easily come up with an update for the SD7 as they had done for the SD40. I was looking into getting an SD 90, but the way Ketron is, I won't. I will keep using my SD40 as a sound source, and go back to vArranger if I need to. There is not much the distributor/dealers can do when the factory doesn't do their job.
Posted by: Sokratis 1974

Re: Ketron SD7 Updates - 08/03/18 12:53 AM

Sampler of SD9Pro still doesn't work.....
A friend of mine who has the SD9Pro thinks to sell it because the Sampler doesn't work... When does Ketron release the Sampler?

Re: Ketron SD7 Updates - 08/03/18 06:40 AM

A.J. do you honestly think I would buy another Ketron product with their service as bad as it is.
If it was not for you we would be totally left on our own.

Love the sounds and styles but the service is woefully inadequate.

Alan
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: Ketron SD7 Updates - 08/03/18 08:39 AM

Originally Posted By Sokratis 1974
A friend of mine who has the SD9Pro thinks to sell it because the Sampler doesn't work... When does Ketron release the Sampler?

We are working on it. It should be released by the end of the year...
Posted by: Sokratis 1974

Re: Ketron SD7 Updates - 08/03/18 09:08 AM

Originally Posted By Ketron_AJ
Originally Posted By Sokratis 1974

We are working on it. It should be released by the end of the year...

Ok Thanks AJ.

Re: Ketron SD7 Updates - 08/04/18 09:29 AM

Hmm! I think I have got to eat a large portion of humble pie.

I have checked with the Ketron (Italy) site and it has issued 5 firmware updates for the SD7. I have not been able to check but my other board, Tyros 5 has not received as many and is an older board.

However, that maybe because is hasn't needed as many. The one thing that is a problem for me is the sound of the chord changes. I have tried changeing easy 1 finger 1 etc. and have settled on finger 2.
I can only play 3 fingered chords so perhaps this is the trouble but on the T5 the chords play faultlessly.

I cannot explain what the problem is because I don't know but many (not all) sound wrong. Perhaps this is what Country Man is referring to in his previous post.

I hope it can be sorted because as I said earlier, the sounds and styles really are exceptional

Note for A.J. I cannot accommodate an SD9 because of width restictions where the two boards are installed.

Alan