Another SD9 question (User styles)

Posted by: Tom04

Another SD9 question (User styles) - 12/16/17 12:29 AM

Hi,
as far as I know is it possible, to import a style into launchpad scenes.
Now, if I modify in this scenes parts of the style ( without adding tracks) , just editing voices or midi events of the style tracks,

can I save this launchpad as new user style??

Best Regards
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: Another SD9 question (User styles) - 12/16/17 09:29 PM

No ... as a LaunchPad project and later as a Registration!

If you want to modify parts of a style and save as a Style, then do so using Live Modelling (change the instrument's notes or instruments themselves) - then save as a User style. Same results!

Thanks,
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Another SD9 question (User styles) - 12/28/17 12:14 PM

I played with the sd9 pro for 2 hours at musicstore.. (as everyone was standing in line today tomtest out the Genos, Americans just can’t imagine how popular arrangers are in Europe)

And yet again, i fell in love with the style moddeling and launchpad features... its so easy and so innovative and so much fun creating new styles from existing patterns. And even tough yamaha and korg have comparable features, they just don’t work as well as on the Ketron.

Knowing there will obviously never be an 88 key totl arranger for a decade or so, i decided that whenever there is an SD9 pro module, i will buy into it and combine it with the Nord Stage 3 (i want to go back to a single keyboard setup) and my Macbook vst setup, for the best of all worlds...

The SD9 is definately the best arranger (altough i think the pa4x is the most complete instrument, and Genos has the best sounds)

Unless someone starts selling high quallity 88 key arrangers...

Back on user styles for the sd9, create them yourself, its easy and fun by just combining patterns...
Posted by: audyaplayer

Re: Another SD9 question (User styles) - 12/29/17 01:28 AM

Yes Bachus,the SD9 is the best,i have both,and the Genos is not ready at all,i miss several things that are on the T5,it's for me an T6 with a new coat,nothing new under the horizon,but the SD9........much more advanced,with all the respect,it's for the homeplayers,the Genos,but the Sd9 is for the pro musician the best you can get.Yamaha is super in marketing/advertising,so where i come,Genos,Genos,Genos,on youtube and you name it,it's a pitty that Ketron have no good marketing for the 9,and short youtube clips in Englisch,than they sold much more units.
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Another SD9 question (User styles) - 12/29/17 08:07 AM

Originally Posted By audyaplayer
Yes Bachus,the SD9 is the best,i have both,and the Genos is not ready at all,i miss several things that are on the T5,it's for me an T6 with a new coat,nothing new under the horizon,but the SD9........much more advanced,with all the respect,it's for the homeplayers,the Genos,but the Sd9 is for the pro musician the best you can get.Yamaha is super in marketing/advertising,so where i come,Genos,Genos,Genos,on youtube and you name it,it's a pitty that Ketron have no good marketing for the 9,and short youtube clips in Englisch,than they sold much more units.

I do think they have both a lot to offer, the power of the SD9 is the style section. (where Genos shines in the single user sounds) ..

what i really miss on the genos, is a homescreen, that allows me to mute style parts as well as the 3 parts of the main voice.. or even edit them in volume.. There is also no mixer page in the SD9 as far as i am aware..

But the way i tend to use this with the Nord stage solves most of this. Because the Stange has 2 organ, 2 piano, 2 synth/smaple voices available... on top of that there are 2 external voices. I plan to use the panel A voice for the chords part, and the panel B voice for the Righthand sounds.

But the style part of the SD9 pro is out of this world. now i am wondering what is the easiest way of getting style tracks from Yamaha styles and have them available in style moddeling of the SD9 pro?