SD40 Setup Pictures

Posted by: hammer

SD40 Setup Pictures - 09/06/17 09:37 AM

Anyone have pictures of how they use the SD40
on gigs? What stand are you using, cables, controllers?

Deane
Posted by: synerjim

Re: SD40 Setup Pictures - 09/06/17 10:53 AM

My minimalist setup consists of SD40, Korg Microkey, Crown CM head mic and a small folding table from WalMart. I use the SD40's power supply to tilt the module when I play sitting. I normally use Aiwa Exos 9 or Bose Compact L1 for amplification depending on the venue.
Pictures to follow

Re: SD40 Setup Pictures - 09/06/17 10:58 AM

Thanks Jimmy. Anyone else? Also, can the SD40
Be controlled from the controller?

Deane
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: SD40 Setup Pictures - 09/06/17 12:29 PM

Here is a link to AJ.s great tutorial.
The short answer is yes.

http://www.ajamsonic.com/KETRON%20SD40%20TUTORIAL%20-%20FINAL.pdf

Re: SD40 Setup Pictures - 09/06/17 12:42 PM

Thanks Bernie.
Deane

Re: SD40 Setup Pictures - 09/06/17 01:52 PM

Sure,also by midi guitar or accordion

Re: SD40 Setup Pictures - 09/06/17 03:56 PM

I guess the question I should ask is how do you program the knobs, sliders, or buttons on your controller to control the SD40? As an example, I also use Dan's vArranger which runs on a PC Laptop. I use a Roland A-800 Pro 61 key controller and have all the various controls programmed so that I seldom if ever have to touch the Laptop while playing with the vArranger. I can change variations, control sound levels, select endings, select songs, styles, and sound from a list etc.. just about everything you do with a normal arranger keyboard. That is what I would want to do with the SD40. Is that possible?

Deane
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: SD40 Setup Pictures - 09/07/17 03:19 AM

From what I understand, the SD40 is basically an SD7 in modular form. Since you choose not to use registrations, how are you saving "snapshots" of your settings now? I don't mean GLOBAL,but instrument settings. According to the tutorial, it is done simply by pressing the REGISTRATION button and then SAVE AS--. Whether it saves volume setting is something I would like to know. The tutorial mentions saving slider position, but I assume it would be the knobs on the SD40, as the pictures don't show any sliders I can see.

You, like everyone, has their own ways of doing things, but I would be open to taking advantage of the great touch screen for some of your work, as it seems you could do it faster and easier that programming everything on a controller. But, that's just me.

Re: SD40 Setup Pictures - 09/07/17 09:31 PM

For simplicity and compactness, I chose to control everything from the SD40 so I can use a very slim keyboard controller. I haven't investigated the SD40's midi implementation with controllers. AJ can help us on that.