Ketron UK SD9 videos (Ian Griffin)

Posted by: Tonewheeldude

Ketron UK SD9 videos (Ian Griffin) - 07/04/17 06:20 AM

Ian Griffin has been playing with Ketron UK's demo SD9.

In Griffin playing the Ketron SD9
Posted by: audyaplayer

Re: Ketron UK SD9 videos (Ian Griffin) - 07/05/17 01:24 AM

Shadowguitar nice,i played the clips over my PA system,Rcf NXL 24A with 8004 AS Subs,wow,what a sound,very deep bassguitar and a wide open stereosound,much more better than my Audya.Yes,no doubt,for me the SD9.Also the brassection,so much better and the sax,they were good in the Audya but now,yet more live sound.And also,new dsp,nice.
Hopefully next week i got it in my hands.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Ketron UK SD9 videos (Ian Griffin) - 07/08/17 02:46 AM

Are you comparing Audya with the recent upgrade?

Re: Ketron UK SD9 videos (Ian Griffin) - 07/08/17 07:48 AM

Yes Bernie,next thuesday i got mine,i played last thursday with an demo SD9,it's sound's so much better,and i know lot's of Audya is present in the SD9 but the sound is much better,last april i heard it in Frankfurt and i was dissapointed,but they have done their job the last 3 month,wow,close your eyes and you hear an liveband playing,so much more presure/stereo,dsp's completely new,new guitarbank,strings,sax and organs to,human voices/choir.The presetsounds are thicker,Audya sounds thin.Thumbs up for Ketron,I come back with an first impression nex week.

Re: Ketron UK SD9 videos (Ian Griffin) - 07/08/17 01:02 PM

Very interesting, will be looking forward to it. It is a tough choice when you have an Audya 76 in great condition. On one hand, the Audya has many things not present on the SD9. "But On The Other hand" the SD9 has many new features, instruments, and NEW SOUND SYSTEM. That is tough to dismiss.

Re: Ketron UK SD9 videos (Ian Griffin) - 07/14/17 08:08 AM

So my friends,i,m back with an short impression of the Sd9,i play it now three days and it's unbelieveble,wow,wow,wow,it's so good,my Audya is still at home but friends,the differents is huge,the sound is amazing,and it's so easy to use the SD9,the new liveguitars,so much more better than the Audya,also the audiodrums,i have converted al the styles from the Audya,no problem,but i don't use them,the styles from the SD9 are so much better,more balanced,pressure,stereo etc.You can use the audiodrums from the SD9 for an Audya style,and even make an intro and ending,but the liveguitars,they don't do that,no intro and ending,they play only in the style.I come back in a couple of days with an other impression,but my friends,the SD9 it's amazing
I only played the last three days,and make my own registrations.Now i go look inside the Sd9,launchpad etc.

Re: Ketron UK SD9 videos (Ian Griffin) - 07/14/17 11:30 AM

Audyaplayer

You may have cost me money with that fine assessment.
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Ketron UK SD9 videos (Ian Griffin) - 07/15/17 01:28 PM

Originally Posted By Tonewheeldude
Ian Griffin has been playing with Ketron UK's demo SD9.

In Griffin playing the Ketron SD9

Those video's are very generic...

Why doesnt Ketron release a set of tutorial video's explaining all the new features and sounds?

Re: Ketron UK SD9 videos (Ian Griffin) - 07/22/17 04:27 AM

The Audya is a closed book for me,it's gone now,i converted all the styles from Audya to SD9 but i deleted all,the Sd9 is so much better,so i started from scratch and build new styles directly from the Sd9,last wednesday i had a gig and some people came to and said,you are not playing live but with mps'3 songs,that was for me an compliment because the Sd9 is close to perfection,so i let them look with me when i play the Sd9,they can't believe it,.I come back with more about the Sd9 next week.I'm a happy player,nice.
Posted by: hammer

Re: Ketron UK SD9 videos (Ian Griffin) - 07/22/17 10:44 AM

Thanks Audioplayer for the reports. Please keep us informed. I own two SD7s and am considering the SD9 Pro.

Deane

Re: Ketron UK SD9 videos (Ian Griffin) - 07/23/17 12:40 AM

Hey Deane,i can not decide for you,but go for the Sd9,the new liveguitars are so much better than from the Audya and you miss them on your Sd7,the Sd7 is in my opinion a good keyboard the Sd9 is an real live band,the whole Sd9 sounds so much better than the Audya,it's open,more pressure and the new presetsounds,organs,strings,guitars,synth,pad,brass etc.are awesome

Re: Ketron UK SD9 videos (Ian Griffin) - 07/24/17 01:55 PM

Some major improvements on the SD9:

1:Now you can eq your audiodrums with boost,loudnes 1,2,3 and bas,mid,high damp,
2.Dsp section with everything on board,compressor,chorus,delay,
you can create real live sologuitars,James Last trumpets,the Billy Vaughn sound(50/60 sound)Shadow guitars etc.
3.New groove section with latin group(very good)and many more
4.Editing on your computer,so much more easy.
5.Loading time wav.mp3 from USB,load and it's done,very fast.
6.All stylessection on your lefthand and the solopresets on your righthand,no more crossing with your hands(Audya)while you are playing.
7.And the touchscreen,so very good,wide open,reacting time very fast,superb.
8.And the sound,so much better,more open,superstereo with the stringsection,completely new organ bank,also the braassection,and the synth group,almost new sounds.

This is only the first impression when you have made your first registrations,and now we go deeper inside and find more improvements.
Posted by: hammer

Re: Ketron UK SD9 videos (Ian Griffin) - 07/24/17 05:49 PM

Great report audyaplayer. Please keep them coming.

Deane