Upgrading to Audya

Posted by: Bachus

Upgrading to Audya - 07/26/16 09:19 AM

I have seen a very nice offer of a 76 key Audya for under 1500 euro at a local music store..

Its not meant for me, but for my neffews, they have been playing the G70 for about one and a half year now, and are ready for an update... The price on this Audya just seems to be to good... but i will have to see for myself later this week...

Some questions, how does the Audya compare to the SD7?

And is there somewhere a large database with user styles, as is available for Yamaha and Korg and Roland to some lesser extend...

I was browsing the online user manuall earlier today (While hanging at the swimmingpool, its nice steamy hot weather even in Holland) but there was totally no information about MIDI OUT setup... they love playing their G70 with ipad apps and even some VSTīs on a PC.. but would it be easy to setup the Audya as a midi master keyboard... controlling sounds on remote midi instruments?

There seems to be a 2nd voice, but is there also a 2nd split option?

And one last thing, is an Ajamsonic update which is about 400 euro extra worth it on the long term? Are the voices of better quallity then the standard voices... and is there still 192MB user sample memmory left after that update?

Thank you for taking your time... i am kind of emberassed i had to ask these questions, and couldnt find the answers to them myself.. normally it isnt that hard to find answwers online.. but in Ketrons case, there just is not a lot of information to go on..

Re: Upgrading to Audya - 07/26/16 12:34 PM

More questions...

A program consists of 3 voices..... Yet it is a voice itselves
So instead of selecting a single voice i can also select a program for Left, right and 2nd voice?

How does ajamsonic handle official ketron sofware updates?
It gets delivered on a HD, which makes me believe its not possible to do standard ketron patches and OS uogrades?

Re: Upgrading to Audya - 07/27/16 09:01 AM

Maybe if infire some more question, someone might find time to answer some of them...

Is the USB port of the type 2

Does it take any type of usb stick, or is it rather choosy?
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: Upgrading to Audya - 07/27/16 11:20 AM

Bachus,

Some answers for you below ... and guess what - we have a new official AJAMSONIC distributor in EUROPE - MUZIEKHUIS DERA in NETHERLANDS (one of the largest KETRON Distributors)!!! They are very knowledgable about our products and can help you order and install your AJAMSONIC Kit if needed (fluent in English, Danish and German languages).

I have seen a very nice offer of a 76 key Audya for under 1500 euro at a local music store..
>>>AJ:- This is a very VERY good deal - grab it for your family if you can, but make sure it is in good condition.

Its not meant for me, but for my neffews, they have been playing the G70 for about one and a half year now, and are ready for an update... The price on this Audya just seems to be to good... but i will have to see for myself later this week...
>>>AJ:- Make sure it is in good condition!

Some questions, how does the Audya compare to the SD7?
>>>AJ:- It is a superiour instrument (KETRONs flagship). It has the VCE-2/Articulation on most accoustic instruments (which are not available in the Standard SD7). It also has way more styles, Real LIVE DRUMS streamed from the HD/SSD (SD7s are time-sliced) and also professional features like separate outs, SPDIF In/out .. etc

And is there somewhere a large database with user styles, as is available for Yamaha and Korg and Roland to some lesser extend...
>>>AJ:- With the AJAMSONIC kit installed, you're looking at about 1500 styles total plus you can also add the new GOLD PACKAGE!

I was browsing the online user manuall earlier today (While hanging at the swimmingpool, its nice steamy hot weather even in Holland) but there was totally no information about MIDI OUT setup... they love playing their G70 with ipad apps and even some VSTīs on a PC.. but would it be easy to setup the Audya as a midi master keyboard... controlling sounds on remote midi instruments?
>>>AJ:- Yes.

There seems to be a 2nd voice, but is there also a 2nd split option?
>>>AJ:- Yes. You can layer and split up to 4 voices (3 program voices that work as a layered voice) plus a 2nd voice that can be turned on/off per Program/Preset voice.

And one last thing, is an AjamSonic update which is about 400 euro extra worth it on the long term? Are the voices of better quallity then the standard voices... and is there still 192MB user sample memmory left after that update?
>>>AJ:- Over all, many have raved about the AJAMSONIC upgrade and how much more it has added to thier keyboard (realistic sounds with articulation, professional quality pads, synth ... etc, new Guitar mode which allows you to control live guitar strums with your left hand ...etc)

Thank you for taking your time... i am kind of emberassed i had to ask these questions, and couldnt find the answers to them myself.. normally it isnt that hard to find answwers online.. but in Ketrons case, there just is not a lot of information to go on...
>>>AJ:- Hmmm ... correct, smaller company, less products ... like Ferarri :-)
============================================================

More questions...

A program consists of 3 voices..... Yet it is a voice itselves
So instead of selecting a single voice i can also select a program for Left, right and 2nd voice?
>>>AJ:- No. A program is simply a layer of 1-3 voices that can be split separately and layered separatly (each voice can be programmed to be responsive only when the key or combination of keys is pressed at a particlar velocity ... etc). Yes - a Program voice is recalled as a Preset voice but just made of various preset/GM voices and programed to be controlled in different ways. If you want to set up control for left voice as well, you will need to use REGISTRATIONS (Keyboad panel settings). Then you can create a REGISTRATION made up up Program voice, Left voice, LOWER 1 and 2 Voice ... etc.

How does ajamsonic handle official ketron sofware updates?
>>>AJ:- There is no interference as we work together within KETRON's guidelines to create the AJAMSONIC Package(s).

It gets delivered on a HD, which makes me believe its not possible to do standard ketron patches and OS uogrades?
>>>AJ:- It can be delviered on either a HD or SSD. These are preloaded with FACTORY KETRON Data before installing the AJAMSONI update which only ADDS to [and perfects in many cases] what you alreay have.
===============================================================

Maybe if infire some more question, someone might find time to answer some of them...

Is the USB port of the type 2
>>>AJ:- No.

Does it take any type of usb stick, or is it rather choosy?
>>AJ:- It will accept most. The larger the stick, the slightly more time it takes to 'recognize' it!

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Re: Upgrading to Audya - 07/27/16 12:10 PM

Thanks for the answers AJ .. Seems i need to read up a little more

Just before musikmesse i was at Deirra, we talked about Ketron ... I told him you would be at music messe and how extraordinary your ajamsonic products where... Obviously you met overthere...

He called me back after music messe, telling me how great the SD9 was, and that as soon as they arived he would give me a call so i could playtest Them... He also told me he met you at musikmesse... But not that he would become a ajamsonic reseller..

Deirra is one of the best keyboard dealers overhere in Holland...

Now back to reading about the audya.. And its keyboardsettings/registrations
Still to bad there is no information about the midi settings in the manuall

Re: Upgrading to Audya - 07/27/16 12:35 PM

Bachus.

You must be kidding me ... very small world indeed, and thanks for the referral. It is defiatly appreciated. Yes we met (together with his lovely wife) and chatted quit a bit. He took on the AJAMSONIC products because he insisted it needed to be present in EUROPE and he strongly believed that AUDYA users in EU needed a 2nd chance at breathing new life into their existing instruments - without spending thousands on upgrades. Very nice gentleman indeed - who loves keyboards I may add :-)

Once he gets the AJAMSONIC packages and the SD7/Midjay Pro Gold Package (plus an AJAMSONIC AUDYA for display on his show room) next week, it maybe nice to visit him once more ... this way you can have hands on experience on a KETRON AUDYA AJAMSONIC keyboard, check out the SD7 GOLD PACKAGE - then report to us 'your' experience with it.

What info would you like to know about the MIDI settings?

Thanks,

Re: Upgrading to Audya - 07/28/16 11:54 AM

I remember reading that the keybed of the orriginal 76 Audya is better quallity then the Audya 5, is this true? are they differnet type of keybeds?

Re: Upgrading to Audya - 07/31/16 01:28 PM

Same keybed action ... only difference is 76/61

Re: Upgrading to Audya - 07/31/16 01:54 PM

So we made an appointment to check out the audya next weekend...

Tried to read some more in the manuall, but its kind of confusing witouth an audya near you to try things out..

There are lower 1, lower 2 and left voices....
Left voice seems to me the normal left voice like the L1 on a tyros..
Seems the lower can be used for manuall bass, and they can be set to hold the chord played..... Maybe they can even be used to be controlled from a lower keyboard over midi?

Anyone care to explain the difference to them?
(I think the audya manuall is quite confusing)
Posted by: Sokratis 1974

Re: Upgrading to Audya - 08/01/16 12:04 AM

Bachus.
In the Lower we have the possibility to setting different voices in each Variation, with different mix, FX etc..
We can to have in the Lower 1, for example Synth Strings, and in the Lower 2 for example El. Piano, or we can to put 2 different sounds (synth pad, Strings Ensemble) and make a Stereo Sound (L63-R63)... Its a very good possibility....
In the Left sound we can to put a Grand Piano to play with left hand with arrange style sequence...
The Manual Bass is a different thing, because when play Manual Bass is mute the Arrange Sequence and play only the Drums and Percussions...

Re: Upgrading to Audya - 08/02/16 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Sokratis 1974
Bachus.
In the Lower we have the possibility to setting different voices in each Variation, with different mix, FX etc..
We can to have in the Lower 1, for example Synth Strings, and in the Lower 2 for example El. Piano, or we can to put 2 different sounds (synth pad, Strings Ensemble) and make a Stereo Sound (L63-R63)... Its a very good possibility....
In the Left sound we can to put a Grand Piano to play with left hand with arrange style sequence...
The Manual Bass is a different thing, because when play Manual Bass is mute the Arrange Sequence and play only the Drums and Percussions...

So basically the keybed is split in 3 parts? Lower with chord recognition, left and right/2nd voice, where you have an option to layer the 2 lowers and the elft voice on top of eachother?
Posted by: Sokratis 1974

Re: Upgrading to Audya - 08/02/16 06:53 AM

Bachus. Yes

Exactly...

Re: Upgrading to Audya - 08/03/16 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Sokratis 1974
Bachus. Yes

Exactly...

Thanks...

and how about using a midi masterkey as lower keybed to create a Ketron Audya organ?
Posted by: audyaplayer

Re: Upgrading to Audya - 08/03/16 06:11 AM

Bachus,your from Holland?,Dera music has Audya's in store,make a visit and testing the Audya.Than you know everything.

Re: Upgrading to Audya - 08/03/16 07:37 AM

Originally Posted By: audyaplayer
Bachus,your from Holland?,Dera music has Audya's in store,make a visit and testing the Audya.Than you know everything.

I know... its just around the corner, half an hour drive..

But then, its more comfortable to ask the questions online and get answeres from the community?

I will be visiting them latter this week... and over the weekend checking out an audya for sale on the other side of our country.. its lovely we have such a small country..

it looks like we are pairing the Audya with a Casio PX-5S will be a nice pro combination at a reasonable price... and selling the G70 in the process(which has functioned very well as a teaching keyboard so far)

Re: Upgrading to Audya - 08/05/16 08:05 AM

One more question, are sd7 styles compatible with the audya range of instruments?

And another one, the audya 4 and 5 have 16 more programmable buttons.. Can the functions of those buttons be activated over midi to?