USB on Audya

Posted by: Dusan

USB on Audya - 09/15/12 06:04 AM

What is the problem?
When I haw conect my Audya to PC and insert an USB stick,then Audya drasticly slow dowen.Its inpasable to coppy or send some file from Audya HD to USB stick.

That problem exsist from begining when my instrument was new.Two times I send Audya to Ketron factory but with no result.Ketroners simple dont solve that problem.Cant anderstant that ignorance and just gues what Guys from Ketron UK mean about.Can they solve that???

Enybody haw the seme situation?Just try....
Posted by: Tonewheeldude

Re: USB on Audya - 09/15/12 07:40 AM

never heard of this. does it happen when connected to your computer too?
Posted by: Snoopy

Re: USB on Audya - 09/15/12 08:04 AM

Hi Dusan,

I must admit that I also don´t understand what you´re talking about.

I´ll write what I understand :

1. You connected your Audy via USB to your PC. OK.
2. Then you inserted an USB-Stick into your Audya ? Why ?

You won´t have access to your stick, because you´ll only see "USB-Modus" on the Audyas screen.

???

Re: USB on Audya - 09/15/12 08:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Snoopy
Hi Dusan,

I must admit that I also don´t understand what you´re talking about.

I´ll write what I understand :

1. You connected your Audy via USB to your PC. OK.
2. Then you inserted an USB-Stick into your Audya ? Why ?

You won´t have access to your stick, because you´ll only see "USB-Modus" on the Audyas screen.

???

No Snoopy,

Audya is conected to PC in case when I run my PC sequencer(Sonar) and Audya is in that case sound module.All sounds from PC Sequencer I route thru Audya.
Now,If I want to coppy some file from Audya HD to USB stick in that position,simply cant cos Audya slow dawn and everything looks like frozen if I insert USB stick.No one button dont work.

Snoopy,for that kinde of setings and conection in Menu... MIDI...Utility...USB midi is in ON position.

Just conect your Audya to PC (not in USB Modus) and insert USB stick in front USB socket.Then try to coppy some file from Audya HD to stick.
Like to know if I am only one who has a problems.

Re: USB on Audya - 09/15/12 11:44 AM

Ok Dusan,

now I understand !

I am used to use the "midi"-connectors for that, not the usb-to-midi function.

But within the next few days I´ll give it a try and write my experience here wink

Re: USB on Audya - 09/16/12 01:01 AM

That will be great Snoopy,

All that time from when I recognize that problem I try to solve that, but with no lack.Even Ketron guys dont do mach.I am suspect about that cos I thing,Ketron instal some second hand parts in Audya for wery hight price....and that is baad,very baad.
In that time when Audya was be only on Ketron peaper plans ,on market exsist USB second generation.And they dont use them...

Posted by: Joe0710

Re: USB on Audya - 09/16/12 01:12 AM

Hi,

following doesn't help, but just as an information. I had similar problems when connecting a USB floppy drive. Using this I had a lot of problems with the sync of the Live drums in the styles. I could imagine that it has something to do with the power consumption of the USB devices. Within the manual you can read, that connected usb devices like HDs etc. shall have its own power consumption. As we all know, that USB sticks do not have their own power consumtion this at least should work. Connecting only USB sticks I have not problems

Joe

Re: USB on Audya - 09/16/12 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Joe0710
Hi,

following doesn't help, but just as an information. I had similar problems when connecting a USB floppy drive. Using this I had a lot of problems with the sync of the Live drums in the styles. I could imagine that it has something to do with the power consumption of the USB devices. Within the manual you can read, that connected usb devices like HDs etc. shall have its own power consumption. As we all know, that USB sticks do not have their own power consumtion this at least should work. Connecting only USB sticks I have not problems

Joe

Joe,

do you try to operate with USB stick in your case?

Re: USB on Audya - 09/16/12 03:19 AM

In the UK we always recommend that only one USB socket is used at a time.

The front and rear USB sockets are not as separate as they appear and all share the same 5v rail on the CPU board (the front sockets are connected via a cable just behind the rear port.)

I have not tried your particular setup Dusan, but I can understand why it might cause a problem, not only do they share the same 5v line, but I believe they also share bandwidth with priority of transfer rate given to the rear port....but not 100% certain of this.

Re: USB on Audya - 09/16/12 04:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
In the UK we always recommend that only one USB socket is used at a time.

The front and rear USB sockets are not as separate as they appear and all share the same 5v rail on the CPU board (the front sockets are connected via a cable just behind the rear port.)

I have not tried your particular setup Dusan, but I can understand why it might cause a problem, not only do they share the same 5v line, but I believe they also share bandwidth with priority of transfer rate given to the rear port....but not 100% certain of this.

Tone,
yes,I can anderstand you explanation cos you recomendet only one USB socket to use,but...(that BUT is allways in my posts...)

We all who purchase that extremly expensiv instrument haw a (say this "Right")to used both socket.In my case I dont perform with Audya on stage (for that I used my old Tyros and dont trust to Audya...) and my Audya is allways conected to PC.Cant anderstand that situation cos much chiper instrument work with this setings with no problem at all.
And on the end of story:whay then we nead thre USB socket cos we can used only one at the same time,and that is front left site socket...That is to much frustrated for me...

Re: USB on Audya - 09/16/12 05:08 AM

Hi Dusan,

I tried it 5 minutes ago, you´re right : USB-to-Midi and trying to use an USB-stick in the front-connector at the same time slows down the system to an axtend, that it´s not useable anymore.

But, it´s the same as recommended for Tyros ( beginning from T1 ) :

If you work with MIDI use the midi-connectors. Even the Tyros has timing-problems with it´s USB-to-MIDI interface, especially when using a sequencer-software !

Nevertheless I agree, that USB 2.0 for Audya would be fine wink

BTW: The Tyros 4 has official an USB 2.0 connector, but the speed is as slow as USB 1.1 !!! And the internal HD of Tyros is as well connected via USB-to-SATA, that causes a lot of problems when using the audiorecorder while playing SA2 voices. ( The recording stopps !!! )

Re: USB on Audya - 09/16/12 05:24 AM

Snoopy,

I had no problems with Tyros cos my Yamaha is old to much and used floppy disck(ha,ha),so I haw no expiriance for that.
In normal world(I suposed)and for that price that all shoket must work.But,they dont....

Ok,on the end I am setysfije soc now I know what is the reason for that behavior.Tone explain that good anaf.

Thenks guys for cooperation and I see you in next war....

Re: USB on Audya - 09/16/12 08:55 AM

snoopy's idea is the best - make use of the midi ports using a USB to midi cable. I recommend Roland's cable as it has an internal driver to make up for microsofts very weird removal of sound card options in vista onwards.

Re: USB on Audya - 09/16/12 09:30 AM

I´ve got a "Midisport Uno" from m-audio, works fine with Win7 wink