Headphones to out 3&4

Posted by: Henni

Headphones to out 3&4 - 08/21/12 10:39 PM

Hi all,

I have a desperate need to connect two headphones to our Audya.

However, when I set the parameter : Headphones to out 3 & 4 to "on", I loose my regular headphone out channel, but there's nothing on output 3 or 4 when I connect my headphone to it.

Am I missing something here?

Kind regards,
Henni
Posted by: Sokratis 1974

Re: Headphones to out 3&4 - 08/21/12 11:35 PM

Hi Henni.... The 3&4 out is two mono jack, and not a Stereo Out that need a Headphones out...
therefore it need to combine two mono cables to have a Stereo Out...
smile

Re: Headphones to out 3&4 - 08/21/12 11:42 PM

Hi Sokratis,

Thanks for the reply. I thought so. However, I've connected my headphones to both outputs and I do not hear anything on either one of them.

I was really hoping for two dedicated headphone outputs. In this way we can practice without disturbing the neighbours.

Kind regards,
Henni
Posted by: Sokratis 1974

Re: Headphones to out 3&4 - 08/22/12 01:56 AM

I think it is happens because need to be routed the Outputs from
MENU/OUTPUT ASSIGN/OUT 3&4.
By using the CURSOR buttons you can select
the source one by one, and set the output destination,
choosing from Main Stereo or Main + 3&4.
I have not here my Audya to try but, you try it...
Maybe it is correct...
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Headphones to out 3&4 - 08/22/12 02:16 AM

In the event the Audya won't handle two headphones you can always use a headphone amp/splitter. I bought one for $28 for my band with 4 outs. It works great.

Bernie

Re: Headphones to out 3&4 - 08/22/12 02:18 AM

Hi Sokratis & Bernie,

Thanks for your answer. a Splitter would be my solution then. I'll start hunting for one.

Keep well my friends,
Henni
Posted by: leezone

Re: Headphones to out 3&4 - 08/22/12 09:32 AM

Henni

the 3 , 4outs are not intended for headphoes
the output from the outs on are LOW line level,
headphone output is MUCH hotter

you will probably need a headphone amplifier
and like mentioned, the out 3 is mono, the out 4 is mono,

so BEST bet is to use headphone out with splitter

Re: Headphones to out 3&4 - 08/22/12 09:16 PM

Hi Leezone,

I guess I secretly hoped that the Audya would also amaze me in this instance - oh well, can't have it all or can I?

Keep well my friend,
Henni
Posted by: Tonewheeldude

Re: Headphones to out 3&4 - 08/23/12 01:36 PM

I would also recommend a headphone amplifier. Ketron have erred on the side of caution and disabled the ability to turn the headphones up beyond a safe level - fine for home, but no good for live monitoring during a performance. I have spoken to them about this but they insist the levels are set at a safe point and I guess they do not like the idea of someone claiming damages.

Re: Headphones to out 3&4 - 08/23/12 11:08 PM

Hi,

I've found this to be so. The headphone level is set for the very minimum output level when using earphones through the proper output.

I'm definitely going to invest in a headphone amplifier/splitter. Not so easy to find over here, but I'll try my best, even this weekend. It would be great to use this when recording live to HD which we intend to start doing soon.

Keep well my friends,
Henni

Re: Headphones to out 3&4 - 09/02/12 11:44 PM

Hi all,

Just an update. After a lot of searching, I finally found a headphone amplifier/splitter. It works great. Only complaint I have is that it dampens some of the higher frequencies & there is no equalizing facility on it.

But apart from this, it's exactly what I wanted I now we can record and/or practice without letting the neighbors know about it.

Thanks for the advice. Keep well all my friends,

Henni