User styles question

Posted by: Christian_1

User styles question - 07/22/12 10:35 AM

Hi all,
I have a question about loading user styles.
I am visually impaired, so you have to tel what to press.
I managed to find that user styles folder from the harddrive, by pressing the disk button and scrolled down 13 times after I pressed enter. Then, I I could arrow up and down and select a folder with styles after I pressed enter and I was then able to find the styles by just arrowing up and down and do the same procedure.
But now to my question.
Is it possible to store any of the styles I copied onto the harddrive into the user styles category button?
If so, how do I do that?
Many thanks for any help!
Christian
Posted by: Tonewheeldude

Re: User styles question - 07/22/12 11:46 AM

Hi Christian,

The USER STYLE folder you found (with the category folders inside) relates directly to the buttons on the panel and what can be found in the screen. In other words, when you press the USER STYLE button on the top panel followed by a Style category Button (for example ballad), the Audya will display all the styles in the ballad folder you found, you can then select in the normal way using the F1 to F10 buttons either side of the screen.

If you wish to put an extra Ballad style in there from a third party vendor, it is enough to place it in the ballad folder - The Audya will automatically allow you to select the new style from the top panel without having to keep searching the hard drive

Darren

Re: User styles question - 07/22/12 03:38 PM

Hi,
I tried pressing the users style followed by any of the style categories but then I got the style that was originally in that category, for example ballad.
Is this really correct?
Many thanks!
Oh, I pressed the wrong button here, yep it works! Many thanks!

Re: User styles question - 07/22/12 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
Hi Christian,

If you wish to put an extra Ballad style in there from a third party vendor, it is enough to place it in the ballad folder - The Audya will automatically allow you to select the new style from the top panel without having to keep searching the hard drive

Darren

OK, so now that I have downloaded the styles from Ketrons website, I simply put the styles i want in the ballad folder, etc?
If I put any styles in the root folder of the user styles directory, they will not be vicible except from the disk menu, correct?
Posted by: Tonewheeldude

Re: User styles question - 07/22/12 05:23 PM

that's correct, so for example: if you have a bossanova .pat file you might wish to put it in the latin folder.

FYI: The "Rock&Soul" folder is just labeled ROCK on the panel.
Posted by: andreurivero

Re: User styles question - 07/23/12 04:29 AM

Hi, I use another different way to hear the new styles, I put the new styles in a pen, put the pen in the Audya and done DISK > D:REMOV., after you can load and hear the styles (without put it them in the hard disk C:INTERNAL), if there's one that you like you can copy to hard disK this style, or more than one at the same time) go to DISK MENU >select one style (with ENTER)and COPY to the FOLDER that you want.
Posted by: Dusan

Re: User styles question - 07/23/12 09:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
Hi Christian,

The USER STYLE folder you found (with the category folders inside) relates directly to the buttons on the panel and what can be found in the screen. In other words, when you press the USER STYLE button on the top panel followed by a Style category Button (for example ballad), the Audya will display all the styles in the ballad folder you found, you can then select in the normal way using the F1 to F10 buttons either side of the screen.

Darren

Ok,that explanation is good anaf,but what is about size of some sub user styles folder?
Haw meny styles we can store in some folder? and
can we create extra folders in User style folder or extra folders in sub folders?

Tone???