making a user voice list

Posted by: gruhs

making a user voice list - 04/21/12 05:42 PM

In another recent thread, making a user voice list was mentioned. Since then I've tried several times to do this going step by step with the book instructions. I still do not see my uvl anywhere that it should be. Is there perhaps a mistake in the book instructions? If I look by going in through the disk button I can find a couple of my attempts listed but cannot get them to do anything.

Gary
Posted by: Tonewheeldude

Re: making a user voice list - 04/22/12 04:26 AM

The instructions are correct, but you do realize the UVL only workd on the Effect/SFX tab? You save one voicelist on that tab and save it (SAVE UVL), then you can make another one (on the same tab) and save it with a different name. you can have as many as you like and recall them manually or via a style, midi file, registration etc

Re: making a user voice list - 04/22/12 07:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
The instructions are correct, but you do realize the UVL only workd on the Effect/SFX tab? You save one voicelist on that tab and save it (SAVE UVL), then you can make another one (on the same tab) and save it with a different name. you can have as many as you like and recall them manually or via a style, midi file, registration etc

"Effect/SFX tab" ? I'll have to check these terms out to find out what they are, maybe (probably) I'm missing something in the directions. Thanks

Gary

Re: making a user voice list - 04/22/12 09:06 AM

its one of the voice switches on the bottom row, right hand side under 'strings'

Re: making a user voice list - 04/22/12 02:44 PM

Ok, checked out the "effect/sfx" button and it's just a list of factory sound effects that can be played. Pages 101 and 102 therefore can be followed word for word carefully (the pictures are too small to be of any value at all) and when your done you still have only the voice lists that come with the machine. Bottom line is you can play the factory styles that come with the unit and one right-hand voice at a time unless you stop playing, select another right hand voice and that's about it for $3800... Ketron has really got us on this machine.

Anyway TWD thanks for the attempt at helping.

Gary

Re: making a user voice list - 04/22/12 03:32 PM

Your not following the instructions correctly otherwise you wouldn't have made the comment about the effects/sfx button. First up, you have to already know how to make up a standard Voice List as indicated when the manual says:

"Edit menu is the same used for standard Voice List." If you have not learned how to make up a standard voicelist your not going to understand the rest of the section:

Make your modifications on the 20 Voices of the List
provided on EFFECT/SFX group. You can Save it in 2
ways:
1. Save together with the entire Voice List on folder
C:\SYSTEM\INIT\VOICELIST.TOU by pressing
USER 5/10 SAVE.
2. Save just the individual User Voice List by
pressing USER 4/9 SAVE UVL. This file will be
saved into the UserVoice List folder of Audya

So if you want to make up an individual voice list, do so using the Effect/SFX tab and then follow section (2).