Audya: Recording midi to audio

Posted by: BobbyP

Audya: Recording midi to audio - 01/24/12 08:41 AM

When I record a midi file to audio on board my Audya the playback volume is very low, in fact it is too low.
I guess there will be a setting somewhere which I can adjust the recording level. Can anyone help please

Bobby
Posted by: filipelou

Re: Audya: Recording midi to audio - 01/24/12 09:41 AM

the only thing i know to help you is that you can change the soundcard volume,i think is on menu options

Re: Audya: Recording midi to audio - 01/24/12 10:11 AM

thanks, I don't remember seeing a soundcard anywhere but I will have a look through the menu options.
Posted by: Dusan

Re: Audya: Recording midi to audio - 01/24/12 12:13 PM

[quote=BobbyP]thanks, I don't remember seeing a soundcard anywhere but I will have a look through the menu options.

Bobby

yes you can incrise volume for sound card,but that action dont help much.Recording is stell on to low volume.That is simply Ketron exsemption...A llitle bether way is recording Waw file where you can incrise volume and after recording convert waw to Mp3 with some of program for conversion.

Re: Audya: Recording midi to audio - 01/24/12 02:26 PM

Thanks Dusan. Looks like it is easier to record out to a sequencer then. I wonder what's the point of a recording function when it's too quiet and therefore no use !
Also,
I still can't believe that a keyboard at this price does not have a sequencer on board.
Does anyone know if a sequencer could be a possible software upgrade?

Macro recording seems to record and play back very well. Could this be used to convert midi files to audio ?

Anyone know?
Posted by: Sokratis 1974

Re: Audya: Recording midi to audio - 01/24/12 09:44 PM

Hi Bobby....
So... You can after your record, to load your file (wav or mp3) in Wav Editor of Audya, and you can to make Normalise 0db and save it as wav....
It is a very easy method....
A more way is to copy your file,and with a external wav editor of PC/MAC like Wavelab, Sound Forge etc to edit your files....

Re: Audya: Recording midi to audio - 01/25/12 02:41 AM

Thanks Sokratis, I was not aware that the file could be normalised on board.
Problem solved !
Posted by: Sokratis 1974

Re: Audya: Recording midi to audio - 01/25/12 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: BobbyP
Thanks Sokratis, I was not aware that the file could be normalised on board.
Problem solved !

Good!!!!
Posted by: Snoopy

Re: Audya: Recording midi to audio - 01/27/12 05:25 AM

Hi Guys,

donīt forget :

Using Wave-recording you can adjust the recording-level with the "Wave" - Slider in the "Player" - Section !!!

( In the german manual itīs page 98, look for pictures 274 - 276, should be identical in english version )

Re: Audya: Recording midi to audio - 01/29/12 11:18 AM

Well spotted Snoopy. I think that is what I was looking for to begin with. Off on holiday tomorrow and working tonight using my SD1 so I won't have time to try it out until I get home
Thanks