4.2b version bug AJ help !!!

Posted by: shay_el

4.2b version bug AJ help !!! - 01/19/12 06:36 AM

Hi AJ i am having issues with connection to midi external device
(Drum Machine from Rolland Vdrums TD-20)
the Ketron gets stuck from time to time.
Have you came across this issue if so will it be fixed in the next release?
Posted by: Robbo

Re: 4.2b version bug AJ help !!! - 02/07/12 12:44 PM

Funny you should mention this, I am scanning the forum to try to find freezing issues for Audya, Mine has started to freeze after about 1 hour of use, looks like its got something to do with the timing issue for recorded instruments i think, but I'm still looking for answers
Posted by: Tonewheeldude

Re: 4.2b version bug AJ help !!! - 02/07/12 01:10 PM

run your checksum tests (Hold F1 whilst powering on) KETA02 should show error, but the correct sum is 88F51D49. All the others should read OK.

Re: 4.2b version bug AJ help !!! - 02/07/12 01:20 PM

Reseaching the forum. One member who was experiencing the same problems solved it by doing a defrag when conected to thier PC. Of course you should backup all first, hope this works will try it tonight!
Posted by: Tonewheeldude

Re: 4.2b version bug AJ help !!! - 02/07/12 01:49 PM

make sure you back up the hidden files and folders too (your computer wont see them unless you change the settings - differs depending on the OS your computer is running.)

I would still suggest running the checksum test first though.
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: 4.2b version bug AJ help !!! - 02/07/12 07:43 PM

shay_el,

Do you remember what happend prior to this happening to your AUDYA (e.g connected to PC/Mac, Playing style on USB stick ... etc). I can help narrow down the solution if I know what you were doing before. Is this recurring?

Thanks (and sorry for late reply),

AJ
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: 4.2b version bug AJ help !!! - 02/10/12 12:37 AM

AJ,

How long is a piece of string. computer When it happened to me the many times it did, I didn't have a clue what caused it, it just shouldn't do it in the first place.
Posted by: Nigel

Re: 4.2b version bug AJ help !!! - 02/10/12 03:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
AJ,

How long is a piece of string. computer When it happened to me the many times it did, I didn't have a clue what caused it, it just shouldn't do it in the first place.

Tony, I guess you aren't familiar with software development and debugging software problems. I am, it has been my job for over 25 years. Fixing bugs is almost impossible without knowing the repeat to make them happen. Once you know what steps it takes to repeat the bug then that pinpoints where the problem lies and it can be fixed quickly then. AJ is right on wanting to know how to repeat it so it can be fixed.

If you don't know how to repeat the problem then it is very unlikely to get fixed ... because you simply don't know what to fix, it is that simple.

Oh a piece of string is 26 inches .... wink

Re: 4.2b version bug AJ help !!! - 02/12/12 05:24 PM

Hi, well after much research and countless hours of testing plugging and unplugging devices, I think I have finally worked out what is wrong with Audya when it freezes. It runs out of poliphany! Thats it. Sustain pedal in, Freeze, sustain pedal out, no freeze!.. Now what to do next. I need someone from Ketron or close to them, to tell me why the program OS goes into stack overflow which causes the freeze and enevitable switch off to restart. Is there a missing file? or is it a corrupted file? or does this require a new update to fix so that I can continue to use the pedal, or is it the pedal that is the problem?

Thanks so much for any help, I really do love the Audya and looks like its back in my better book now.
Posted by: Nigel

Re: 4.2b version bug AJ help !!! - 02/13/12 10:02 AM

That is great Robbo that you have found a way to create the problem. That will provide a big clue to what is needed to fix it.
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: 4.2b version bug AJ help !!! - 02/15/12 05:50 PM

Robbo,

I have tried to re-create this on an AUDYA and can't seem to get it to 'freeze' so we can trace and correct the function in the software if applicable.

Did you run your checksum and what values did you get (if yes)?

Thanks

AJ *Help us help you better*

Re: 4.2b version bug AJ help !!! - 02/15/12 10:39 PM

Hi Aj.

Yes done all of the checksum tests and all bar Ket02 are ok. I believe the 02 is a known bug in the checksum programme not the programme itself. I am currently testing a different pedal and have not so far had any problems. I will continue the testing and report back either way.

One question. If I had registrations saved prior to say the last upgrade, and then started using them now, would that affect the behavior ?

Thanks for enquiring, and I,m looking forward to working again with Audra.
Posted by: filipelou

Re: 4.2b version bug AJ help !!! - 09/22/12 07:52 PM

How to defrag the audya disk on pc?When i do properties with right click button i see defrag click it but next i dont see the audya drive name to analyze.

Another question is:

I know that the disk is 5400 rpm.Is it possible to change the disk to a new 7200 rpm?

Re: 4.2b version bug AJ help !!! - 09/23/12 03:00 AM

Another thing.How to reset sound card without turn off keyboard?Rotor keys doesnt work

Re: 4.2b version bug AJ help !!! - 09/23/12 02:56 PM

anyone?
Posted by: Snoopy

Re: 4.2b version bug AJ help !!! - 09/24/12 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: filipelou
How to defrag the audya disk on pc?When i do properties with right click button i see defrag click it but next i dont see the audya drive name to analyze.

Another question is:

I know that the disk is 5400 rpm.Is it possible to change the disk to a new 7200 rpm?

Hi,

which operating system do you use ? With my Win7-64 bit it works as it should.

7200 rpm makes no sense, too much powercosumption and much louder that a 5400 rpm HD.

And you´ll get problems with installed Updates / Upgrades if using a "new" HD. ( And it´s not so easy to get a new IDE HD wink )

Re: 4.2b version bug AJ help !!! - 09/24/12 01:14 AM

I have win7-64 win7-32 and none of them shows the drive letter to analyze.

For me in this century doesnt make sense a keyboard of just 4000€ without a 7200 rpm disk.

Have you ask yourself why this keyboard has so many problems of audio sync??
Posted by: abacus

Re: 4.2b version bug AJ help !!! - 09/24/12 02:19 AM

Hi Flliprlou

1. Right click My Computer and select manage
2. Click Disk Management and see if the Audya disk shows up, (It will take a short time to scan the disks) If Yes, then go to 3, if not, then it may be formatted to a format that Windows doesn’t recognise.
3. Right click the Audya drive and choose Change Drive letter and paths, then assign a drive letter to it. (It should remember it the next time you plug it in)
NOTE: You can right click the drive from this page, choose properties then tools and perform a disk check, even if no letter has been assigned.

Hope this helps

Bill

Re: 4.2b version bug AJ help !!! - 09/24/12 02:21 AM

No it didnt work like that,I dont know if it is because is in FAT32,then i installed OODefrag tool. It's deframenting now
Posted by: Snoopy

Re: 4.2b version bug AJ help !!! - 09/24/12 12:41 PM

Ooops,

sorry, I forgot that I´m NOT using the Win-defrag, I´m using the "TuneUpUtilities 2013" defrag wink.

What makes sense ?

USB 2.0 or now 3.0 would as well be state of the art. SSD-HD too. CPU of more than 80 MHz also.

Even Yamahas Tyros4 is using USB 2.0. No ! The say it´s USB 2.0.

But speed is as slow as USB 1.1 !

And it´s using an internal USB-to-S-ATA converter that makes the HD too slow for recording whilst using SA2-Voices.