New Found Feature On Audya

Posted by: Bernie9

New Found Feature On Audya - 03/14/11 05:48 AM

As a newcomer to Ketron, I just found a very helpful tool for singing and playing from backing tracks.

Say I want to lower the pitch of my SMF to better fit my singing range, but that puts me in an awkward key for playing. By going into Menue/Keyboard control/Pitch-Volume-Trans, I can switch Keyb Only Trans-ON. This allows me to transpose the keyboard to an easier key without affecting the player.

Here again, the manual is ok as far as it goes, but here is a great feature I stumbled on by accident.

Bernie
Posted by: abc_doremi

Re: New Found Feature On Audya - 03/14/11 12:22 PM

Thanks for shareing Bernie
Posted by: NiteLife

Re: New Found Feature On Audya - 03/16/11 05:01 AM

Bernie:

Thanks for that information!

I've had my Audya now for all most two years and I'm still learning and discovering new features on it.

I have a dozen or so Sound Choice files I use and play along with. Several are in the Key of E, one of them in B and one in F#.

Not my favorite Key's to play in! So your discovery is a big help!

Thanks!

Jim

Re: New Found Feature On Audya - 03/16/11 02:12 PM

You're welcome
I am glad I am not the only one that didn't know about this. It is not that it is not in the manual, but with so many features, a mere sentence is easily overlooked. I hope that when the members get their problems solved, we can have some tricks and hints conversations.

Bernie
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: New Found Feature On Audya - 03/20/11 05:57 AM

Bernie,

You will probably never use all the features on the Audya, the manual is perhaps only 20% of what there is.

Tony

Re: New Found Feature On Audya - 03/20/11 12:07 PM

Tony
That is awesome to hear but pray tell, how one is to discover these gems then. I would gladly pay for videos or manuals if available. I have seen some of the 6 AJ has on YouTube. That was a help.

I remember when I was one of the first to buy a Technics KN7000. The members of SZ Technics were busy for years, swapping info back and forth.

I have learned the basics but there is so much more.

Bernie
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: New Found Feature On Audya - 03/20/11 05:31 PM

Bernie9

I am currently working on both a full blown video MANUAL and TUTORIAL that should be of great help once completed next month or so.

I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks,

AJ
Posted by: gruhs

Re: New Found Feature On Audya - 03/20/11 09:09 PM

Hi Bernie, I'm having trouble understanding what this new feature is... what is "SMF"? I'm a midi-accorion player (kinda) so maybe that's why I'm not getting it smile

Gary

Re: New Found Feature On Audya - 03/21/11 03:27 AM

Hi Gary
Don't apologise, as I sometimes don't seem to get other concepts. I wish we could have more of this back and forth discussions on this forum.

I will be quite simple here.
An SMF is a "Standard Midi File". In addition to playing syles, I sometimes sing and play while playing a midi(SMF). Let's say my song was recorded in the key of Bb. Maybe my vocal range is such that I want to lower it a half step, so my file is now in the key of A major.

The problem is that I have to play in A to match the key. No, I don't have to. I can raise the the keyboard transpose 2 steps and play it in the key of G, which is easier for me.

If it were not for this independant feature, the midi would go down when I transposed the keyboard. The point is that you can adjust the key of the SMF and the keyboard itself anyway you want.

Bernie
Posted by: gruhs

Re: New Found Feature On Audya - 03/21/11 10:14 AM

Thanks for explanation Bernie,
I don't use midis so I couldn't appreciate what you were saying. I use styles and I can move up or down a full octave to best suit the right hand voice (accordion). I have found the styles don't follow (be out of tune) if I only move up or down a notch (12) at a time for some reason on the Audya. I could transpose anywhere I wanted with the MS40 and everything was fine. I'm thinking maybe there is a "lock" on somewhere in the menu but haven't found it. I only sing rarely in a dark room alone :-) so that's not a problem. There is so much we will never learn as you have mentioned because the manual is just an outline. The other day on the Yahoo/Ketron message board, another helpful member gave me a step by step instruction on how to load a new style (or pattern) into the Audya... I would never have guessed how to do that.
Gary

Re: New Found Feature On Audya - 03/21/11 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Bernie9
Tony
That is awesome to hear but pray tell, how one is to discover these gems then. I would gladly pay for videos or manuals if available. I have seen some of the 6 AJ has on YouTube. That was a help.

I remember when I was one of the first to buy a Technics KN7000. The members of SZ Technics were busy for years, swapping info back and forth.

I have learned the basics but there is so much more.

Bernie

Bernie,

You are right it's a beast the Audya, it's just the way Ketron are, they make a KB and then they write the manual, well thats what they call it. I think you just need years now to find all the things you can do with it, have you got the time Bernie thats the question. How old your photo!!!!!

Re: New Found Feature On Audya - 03/22/11 02:40 AM

Tony
Ha ha,you must be joking. The photo is a month old and even if I am 69, it shouldn't take me the rest of my life if there is decent documentation.

If we had a nucleus of members to participate, AJ's videos and supplemental manuals could form the basic information. Then we could barnstorm features, one by one. Only if we had more participation. We can learn much more from each other than individually.

Bernie

Re: New Found Feature On Audya - 03/26/11 01:24 AM

Bernie,

There are a handful of Audya owners on SZ about 8 max, I think you will just have to work your way around the Audya, I play a 20 rank up out of the floor wurlitzer, it has no manual, and every time you play it it sounds different, the Audya is like that, and at 69 I think you need to get a move on learning all the Audya tricks, I'm only two years behind you, have to now and get on the Audya, bye!

Cheers Bernie.

Tony

Re: New Found Feature On Audya - 03/26/11 12:39 PM

To each his own, but for me, I shall rely on AJ and/or Ketron to make sure every function is covered, if it takes the rest of my life, as it well may. In the meantime, I will persist in my own discoveries, as unscientific and random as it is.

Bernie