Voice Down and Up On Switch Pedal

Posted by: Bernie9

Voice Down and Up On Switch Pedal - 02/27/11 03:16 PM

Can anyone tell me what voices the Audya changes and if you can control the voices it changes.

For example,I chose "voice down" on pedal 1 of my FS6. The voice was on piano and pushing the pedal switched it to " Effect SX". Why that ?

I find no explanation of how it works in the manual.

Bernie
Posted by: Joe0710

Re: Voice Down and Up On Switch Pedal - 02/27/11 10:19 PM

Just a guess. The Up and Down concerning the entire voice groups, i.e. if you are using Down on Piano (first voice within the piano group), you will switch to the last voice on Effect SX. If you would use Up, then it would be the next voice within the Piano section. As I swaid, just a guess, have not tried it on my Audya.

Joe

Re: Voice Down and Up On Switch Pedal - 02/28/11 02:44 AM

I will do more trial and error to see if I can make any sense of it. It really is useful to me when I am singing from lyrics on the player. It doesn't interrupt the screen when I change voices, while playing along, like pushing another voice family button does.

If you get time, maybe you can check it out Joe.
Bernie
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: Voice Down and Up On Switch Pedal - 02/28/11 05:58 AM

Bernie,

Going down means what it says you are going bacwards throught all the samples from where you started, try this start at strings, just key hit the peddle with you foot and it will go through all the BASS backwards and then Guitars and so on until you get to PIANO CONCERT GRAND which is the last,if you keep pressing it goes mad back into CHROME why the hell it does that don't ask. Just keep hitting the foot swicth abd you will see the group change when it's gone through all in the group, don't know why you would want to do this play, but there you have it hope it helps I just tried it for you.
Posted by: dreamer85

Re: Voice Down and Up On Switch Pedal - 02/28/11 09:35 AM

Hi,

Try to use the USER VOICE LIST (UVL), is usefull using the "voice down"/"voice up" from your footswitch.

Re: Voice Down and Up On Switch Pedal - 02/28/11 03:02 PM

Thank you both for your replies. I will try them.

Tony
The reason I want to use this method because I know of no other way to do the following:

I am playing and singing over an MP3,lyric zoom is on, and I want to change to another family of voices. If I hit the "Sax" button in Favorites,from the Piano button, the voice list comes up and covers my lyrics. I have to press Exit to get back.

If anyone has a better method, I would love to hear it.
Bernie
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: Voice Down and Up On Switch Pedal - 02/28/11 10:47 PM

Bernie,

I think that might be a tough one, when I get a minute I will try it.

Tony

Re: Voice Down and Up On Switch Pedal - 03/01/11 06:55 AM

I tried the Voice List and the pedal doesn't step through them, probably because they are shortcuts. If I can't step through any kind of user voice list, I see little use for the function.

As previously stated, it will go up and down the factory samples.
Posted by: gruhs

Re: Voice Down and Up On Switch Pedal - 03/10/11 09:21 PM

I haven't had my Audya 4 long enough to set anything up yet to use the up/down foot switch, but on my MS40 I had sometimes 2 or 3 voices I would change back and forth with for a particular song and I would save them consecutively in either user voices or programs and the first one would be called up with a registration. Then I could use the foot switch to move up or down as desired while playing. Also worth mentioning, the up down foot switch will change voices, but will also change programs if that button is "on", and same with registations if that button is "on"

gary

Re: Voice Down and Up On Switch Pedal - 03/11/11 03:04 AM

Hi Gary

I have settled on putting my favorite voices all on one button in "Voice List" instead of using the pedal. I am totally new to Ketron so I am trying to find work arounds when I am stumped.

In your case I can see why you need to use the pedal. If you find something out on your Audya, give a holler. It is getting pretty lonely here lately.
Bernie
Posted by: gruhs

Re: Voice Down and Up On Switch Pedal - 03/11/11 06:40 AM

Hi Bernie,
Haven't gotten that far yet in my learning of this unit. Is there a "favorite voices" list kind of feature that can easily call up favorite or frequently used voices? If so how do you change from one to another easily?

gary

Re: Voice Down and Up On Switch Pedal - 03/11/11 12:02 PM

Gary
You can populate any of the voice family buttons with whatever voices you like. For example, the El Piano slot has a load of El Piano's (makes sense). When I push the "Voice List" button, I have 2 pages of 10 fav voices ready to play by hitting F1-F10 buttons. The procedure is on P75 of my manual but don't know about the Audya4. Look under "Voice List".

The point is that you can set up favorites any way you want. Instead of having all kinds of voices under one voice family, like I did, you can have different favorites under each button.

The reason I did it my way, is because I can have my voice list screen open and change voices with one F button, instantly.

I heard the Audya4 manual is not the best, so if you need help, holler.

Bernie