AJAMSONIC HD

Posted by: skude

AJAMSONIC HD - 01/24/11 01:15 PM

Hi
I just installed AJ's new HD. So far everything works fine. There were only 4 new styles on this HD so far. They are in the Dance bank, They sounds good to me but I don't play much Dance music, so I'm not the one to tell. There were several new Doo, Dah, Shoo sounds like some of the T4 I guess. Some synth sounds I liked very much. Still need to load some more and try them out.
I will keep you posted, I'm very busy with some other things this week so I will need more time to test everything. So far so good. smile
skude
BTW. How to remove the top of the Audya. ( better way than Tony's grin
It ended up like this. When you know how to handle your tools.... wink
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 01/24/11 02:04 PM

That's more like it!
Very handy tool, I use it all the time, even to slice bread. laugh laugh
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 01/24/11 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: skude
Hi
I just installed AJ's new HD. So far everything works fine. There were only 4 new styles on this HD so far. They are in the Dance bank, They sounds good to me but I don't play much Dance music, so I'm not the one to tell. There were several new Doo, Dah, Shoo sounds like some of the T4 I guess. Some synth sounds I liked very much. Still need to load some more and try them out.
I will keep you posted, I'm very busy with some other things this week so I will need more time to test everything. So far so good. smile
skude

Skude,

I'ts not the top of the Audya I would like to take off with the new tool of yours, you see if you can figure out what I mean!!
Posted by: NiteLife

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 01/24/11 10:18 PM

SKude:

Did the new HD get rid of the problems you've had?????????

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 01/26/11 01:36 PM

HI
Just a quick update. I got all my user stuff back into the Audya. so far it plays very good. The whole Keyboardsound is different. Hard to explain, like there are more power. Anyway it's to the better, so far no Left Voice drop out. If this keeps on I'm very happy, and I think AJ did a good job. smile Looking forward to his OS 4.2. update. After my saturday gig I will know more.
Tony, can't figure out what you mean wink
skude

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 01/26/11 01:47 PM

Hi Skude smile

Nice to see you're happy so far. Do you notice any difference in startup loading time compared to "original" state?

Cheers
GJ
Posted by: Nigel

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 01/27/11 02:16 AM

That is hilarious smile

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 01/27/11 10:25 AM

GJ
Loading time 26 sec. Not sure how it was before.
My Audya plays real good at the time. Have high hopes now, but I have had that a few times during the last year and a half. Let's enjoy playing and hope it will last.
skude

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 01/30/11 06:22 AM

My gig yesterday went better than ever. After my last posting, I got some bad connections problems, while playing outputvolume droped about 1/4, and was going up and down, also had problems with mic input. I had to disconnect all cables and clean everything. After that it was playing perfect. KB has been in and out in my van, cold and warm, still no problems. After installing AJ's HD I have a much better sound, something has changed to the better. I have not had time to set up any user reg's with any of the new sounds, but will work on that later. Right now I will just enjoy beeing a happy player, and hope that this will last.
skude
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 01/30/11 10:47 AM

Hi Skude
Thanks for the update, as we are concerned with your past problems, but also anxious to hear about AJ's program.

Bernie

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 01/30/11 12:28 PM

......I had to disconnect all cables and clean everything.....
...... Right now I will just enjoy beeing a happy player, and hope that this will last....

First, thanks for your report, I'm very glad to see things work out well now, but .....
I've had some arrangers during the years, Ketron included, but never had to open any of them to disconnect and clean cables before reconnect again. Never.
That's like a very special Ketron issue, and probably one of the reasons for the high priselevel .... confused

Yes Skude, enjoy your Audya and continue the happy playing. I think everybody here wish you well and that this "fix" and upgrade will make your Audya last forever!

Cheers smile
GJ

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 01/31/11 01:04 AM

Tanks guys
I hope that my Audya problems are history, but I'm really not sure at all. We'll see.
GJ, I never have had so many problems with any arranger or workstation before. I did have bad connections on my PA80 from it was new. It took the Korg repairsenter some time to figure out what was wrong. Never notice this problem on my PA800. I'm not very impressed by the way the Audya is made. The case is strong, but only the mic inputs are fixed to the case itself, all other in/outs are just fixed to the circuit board, and so is the connections for the pedals and even the footswitch (which is very big) when you connect the FS you can see the whole thing moves. Very easy to brake the circuit board, or get a bad solder point. I think all in/outs, also should be fixed to the case, and not just to the circuit board, like the mic inputs are. Anyway, as long as this KB works I better not complain.
skude
Posted by: Rusty 999

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 02/01/11 01:44 AM

Hi Guys,

I posted this on a different tread but no one read it so here goes again

Heres a new problem for audya users--or maybe not-- perhaps someone has had this problem before and can help me out here

Just when i was getting to like the new Audya 4 I have encountered another SCARY problem

The unit was working away perfectly this morning and I then connected it to my computer Via usb to move around a few files etc.

I thought i could get a faint smell similar to that of something overheating so I turned off the Audya after firstly disconnecting it from the computer and left it rest a few mins before switching back on again

This time all I got from the screen was a Flickering dark Screen and the DISK and EXIT lights kept flashing until eventually it booted up after about 50 seconds

And , that continued every time I tried to switch it on and all I would get is a black screen for about 50 secs until eventually it opens the normal screen and works away perfectly

And i was still getting a slight smell like something overheating !!!
And then lo and behold --the fuse in the audya blows!!
So I have to find one and replace it but I doubt if that is going to solve the problem
Has anyone else ever had this problem ??
And, how can ketron get away with marketing these faulty machines??

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 02/01/11 03:36 AM

Rusty
Your problem is new to me, be careful just changing the fuse, there is a reason that it blows. If there is a smell, and you think something is overheated, you better not let it stay ON. If there is a repairsenter in your country you better call them and ask. Sorry I can't be of any help. May be AJ or tonewheeldude can point you in the right direction. Sorry!
skude
Posted by: Rusty 999

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 02/01/11 04:44 AM

Thanks for the reply Skude,
whats the chances of me getting my money back i wonder. This unit should not have been sold if its faulty.
Its a gigging piece of equipment and as such should meet certain criteria of safety by European law and if it fails to meet that then it should be replaced or money back , Same with any electrical gadget known to man. If something is overheating and blowing its fuse then theres a reason and i am not an expert and will not dismantle it to see whats wrong--I shouldnt have to anyway. I bought it new a few months ago from Germany

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 02/01/11 08:25 AM

Don't even think about "selfrepair" !
Your warranty should cover this issue, but maybe not if you try fix yourself or do things who cause even more damage.

You most contact your dealer as soon as possible for agreement to return the keyboard for a replacement or repair.
Not much fun when such things happens, never the less, shit does happens, and Ketron customers seem to get some more of it than others...... confused

Good luck, hopefully you're connected and playing real soon. smile

Cheers
GJ
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 02/07/11 10:56 PM

We are a little behind due to slight delays but we should be on target for March delivery.

We are also working on video demos/tutorials so please sit tight... The wait will be worth it.

Thanks,

AJ
Posted by: leezone

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 02/08/11 07:27 AM

"We are a little behind "

Aj, you mean with your AJAMSONIC?
or with Ketron's next upgrade 4.1c ?
Posted by: salsaman

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 02/08/11 10:46 AM

May we get specific details of the package? When and how can we order it? Cost? etc.
Posted by: cakemog

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 03/04/11 02:07 AM

AJ - we're now March. Please can we have news of when your AJAMSONIC demos & update for Audya will be released?? Also keen to know options and what level of pricing you will be asking. Carl (In the UK)
Posted by: donpatt

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 03/05/11 07:03 AM

It would be nice to know if there will be jaust a software upgrade or does one have to get the new hard drive???

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 03/05/11 07:15 AM

I thought I read that the entire board has to be shipped for the full hardware and software upgrade. The software upgrade can be downloaded via USB.

I am not sure how it will end up.
Bernie
Posted by: cakemog

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 03/05/11 07:48 AM

Bernie - thanks for your reply. Did you get the impression (from what you read) that the hardware upgrade is an INTERNAL board replacement?? Or is it an add-on EXTERNAL unit?? Carl

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 03/05/11 10:22 AM

AJ

take your time with it, don't rush it
April is OK too , but no later smile

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 03/05/11 11:55 AM

I got the impression that it is an internal modification. I only say that because of shipping the unit in. No matter what has to done, it sure would have to something good for me to ship my unit out for God knows how long.

On the other hand AJ surely has something appealing and we will just have to wait a little longer.

Of course, we still have the software question as to fixing the bugs in the present OS, and the company's responsibility.

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 03/07/11 02:21 AM

Hi folks
Sorry to say this.
Beeing a happy Audya player didn't last very long. Last week I didn't play my Audya at all. Bad flu, not even music could make me better. Today, ready again to enjoy my Audya, left voice was not working, restart and it was OK. Just like before. The KB has not been moved last two weeks, just sits in my studio. I think I have made up my mind. The Audya has to go, can't take anymore. Beeing so close to the Korg release, I will wait to hear how the PA3X will sound before I'll do anything. But looks like the T4 is #1 on my list at the moment. I still hope that AJ's upgrade can make me change my mind. One thing for sure, this is the worst KB I ever had.
skude
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 03/07/11 06:20 AM

Hi folks
Sorry to say this.
Beeing a happy Audya player didn't last very long. Last week I didn't play my Audya at all. Bad flu, not even music could make me better. Today, ready again to enjoy my Audya, left voice was not working, restart and it was OK. Just like before. The KB has not been moved last two weeks, just sits in my studio. I think I have made up my mind. The Audya has to go, can't take anymore. Beeing so close to the Korg release, I will wait to hear how the PA3X will sound before I'll do anything. But looks like the T4 is #1 on my list at the moment. I still hope that AJ's upgrade can make me change my mind. One thing for sure, this is the worst KB I ever had.
skude

Hi Skude,

So that we all know about this, my left voice is allways off even when I switch on, I need to press the left voice button to activate, are you saying that when you press the left voice button there is no voice there at all.

Tony

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 03/07/11 12:27 PM

skude you said:

"One thing for sure, this is the worst KB I ever had."

i feel your pain, and am sorry to hear about your problems
i am lucky, and am loving my Audya4

it may be the worst as far as what seems to be a hardware issue...
but it may very well be your BEST overall sounding arranger you'll ever own smile

hopefully AJ's hard/soft update will fix it...

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 03/09/11 09:24 PM

hi AJ,

any videos or audio samples of your new AJAM update?
what's left to do to complete this?
Posted by: Robbo

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 03/13/11 04:33 PM

Well all is either too quiet, or there is something big in the mix comming. Frankly based on the past, this is concerning. I am for the moment hanging on to my Audya, as it still has some great redeeming characteristics, but like the Korg experience where development stops after they have the dough, this is worrying. Come on AJ please either show us something or give us something to hang our hat on. I know you didn't make the board, but you must have some insight as to what's going on at Ketron in Italy, or is Berlesconi's trial in Italy consuming all in it's wake. This should be posted with the other notice on this board that reads is the Ketron SZ forum dead?
Posted by: donpatt

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 03/14/11 06:40 AM

Well, I'm still hanging on to my Audya 4 simply because, so far I haven't had anyone interested in buying it! I'm with all of you, sure would like to see something soon!

Don P

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 03/16/11 08:02 PM

Friends.

Sorry I have been away for a while, but still working away on this big update. Trust me, I'd rather release it complete with manual (and DVD manual for those who would love to purchase one) than rush just to meet up with a date-line. I am sorry for the delay but a lot of our Engineers with whom we are working on this with (due to bad climate and other reasons) are a little behind in delivering thier 'end'. We are now charging ahead at full steam. We have not let you down before and don't intend on this being the first time either ...

Audio and Video demos are soon going up as to what to expect ... in April. The input from all Beta testers is also being carefully reviewed so as to tweek any required changes ... if/where needed.

PS: This is with regards to the AJAM update previously announced!

Thanks

AJ

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 03/17/11 08:01 AM

AJ,

thank you, looking forward to hearing and seeing it,

looking for a reason to leave NJ & visit Delaware smile

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 02/22/13 12:38 AM

Ajamsonic demos finally up at www.Ajamsonic.com

Re: AJAMSONIC HD - 04/06/13 08:40 PM

skude,

Did you ever get the full package (especially with Version 2) since you previously obtained the AJAMSONIC package?

Just checking as there are now tons of videos showing the new stuff at wwww.Ajamsonic.com