Audya 4 and Motif XS8

Posted by: truberto

Audya 4 and Motif XS8 - 10/03/10 11:14 PM

I want to add an arranger to my setup (I am an arranger newbie) and was considering the new Tyros 4. Thing is, I love the feel of my Motif XS8 and really don't need a second board. The Audya 4 seems like it could definitely be a solution. Is anyone controlling this with a Motif XS8? I'm curious about ease of use, functionality, how much work on the Motif side to control things as you wish, etc.
Posted by: sas123

Re: Audya 4 and Motif XS8 - 10/04/10 12:13 AM

any keybord you can use
Posted by: leezone

Re: Audya 4 and Motif XS8 - 10/04/10 03:59 AM

You could use any keyboard to play A4
But not any keyboard to control.
Meaning if you wanna trigger fills variations. Tempo. Start. Stop intro ends. Etc via your XS8.

I use an akai mpk61 and control EVERYTHING on A4 except 16 tabs. Which I think AJ is working on
Posted by: kbrkr

Re: Audya 4 and Motif XS8 - 10/04/10 05:13 AM

truberto,

I will let you know how the Audya 4 works with the XS. I just ordered the A4 from Frankivie and I have a Motif XS 6 that I will use to trigger the A4.

Lee, I'm curious as to why you can't use the control surfaces of the XS to control the A4. You can use the XS to control a DAW?

Al

leezone - did you ever get my email?
Posted by: truberto

Re: Audya 4 and Motif XS8 - 10/04/10 07:51 AM

@kbrkr... thank you - I look forward to hearing how the Motif works for you. I am in metro Phoenix and there isn't an Audya in sight to test
Posted by: leezone

Re: Audya 4 and Motif XS8 - 10/04/10 08:20 AM

al

yes i got ur email
i have been so busy
i will reply soon
best of luck with ur A4