AUDYA ---> 2nd "bug"

Posted by: leezone

AUDYA ---> 2nd "bug" - 09/09/10 12:06 PM

as posted on general forum, perhaps AJ/Ketron can read/comment:

ok guys, while at Frank's testing the AUDYA,
he pointed out, and we confirmed the following:

-while playing a style and holding a note or chord on right hand, any sound
-then striking the left hand hard (full velocity)
-the RIGHT hand is affected, in that things such as vibrato on RH kick in... and the sound is altered,

so you're playing a clarinet, and hit the left hard,
all of a sudden your clarinet has a serious case of VIBRITIS

the RIGHT hand (solo), should be independent/split from the LEFT hand
so 1 velocity should not affect the other

please try...
and NO it's NOT meant to be this way

i wonder how other arrangers behave
Posted by: skude

Re: AUDYA ---> 2nd "bug" - 09/09/10 02:06 PM

Same on my Korg
skude
Posted by: abacus

Re: AUDYA ---> 2nd "bug" - 09/09/10 02:43 PM

After Touch is normally monophonic, (A single pressure bar covers all the keys) thus pressing another key harder will affect any voice that is using pressure control. (Vibrato etc)

Very few keyboards of any description are polyphonic due to the mechanical complexity of reliably implementing it.

Before anybody mentions that dynamics of a keyboard are polyphonic, dynamics is easier to control, as it is calculated by how fast any key goes from off to on. (It’s not a constant like pressure)

Bill
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: AUDYA ---> 2nd "bug" - 09/09/10 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
After Touch is normally monophonic, (A single pressure bar covers all the keys) thus pressing another key harder will affect any voice that is using pressure control. (Vibrato etc)

Very few keyboards of any description are polyphonic due to the mechanical complexity of reliably implementing it.

Before anybody mentions that dynamics of a keyboard are polyphonic, dynamics is easier to control, as it is calculated by how fast any key goes from off to on. (It’s not a constant like pressure)

Bill

Right Leezone there you have it in a nutshell, I'll bet you wish you were deaf like me, you would miss all this tosh you'r going on about, I can't hear any of it, just when it locks up, it's monophonic then!
Try it sometime.
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: AUDYA ---> 2nd "bug" - 09/13/10 09:33 AM

leezone,

Most arrangers behave this way as most use one sensor strip below all keys. You can also turn OFF the AFTERTOUCH and as such ignor it's response to the RIGHT voices as a 'quick solution'.

Thanks,

AJ