saving style edits on Audya

Posted by: DanO1

saving style edits on Audya - 08/31/10 05:32 PM

I select a style, press the style view button, make my volumne changes , press save
on the bottom right corner. But I got back to the style 10 minutes later and volumne settings are not there.

I can do this on the SD1 with no problems.

I'm I missing a step ?
Posted by: DonM

Re: saving style edits on Audya - 08/31/10 09:45 PM

You can save the style to the USER group.
Also, I believe the Registrations save the style changes.
I'll have to double check that.
DonM
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: saving style edits on Audya - 09/03/10 08:33 AM

Dan,

When you make changes, press SAVE. The style is now saved in the equivalent USER folder. So, let's say you edited the style ROCK-BEAT (with the USER button off - factory style found in ROCK). Now when you save it, it saves the style with your changes into ROCK-BEAT (ROCK group but under USER STYLE). To access this style, press the USER STYLE button, ROCK group and select ROCK-BEAT. This way, you can always revert to the factoy version by turning OFF the USER STYLE button and selecting the style again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

AJ

Re: saving style edits on Audya - 09/03/10 02:49 PM

I was expecting it to overwrite the existing style. I should be good to go from here.

Thanks
Posted by: DonM

Re: saving style edits on Audya - 09/03/10 10:42 PM

That's what I was trying to say, but it didn't come out right. Like some of my songs.
DonM

Re: saving style edits on Audya - 09/05/10 09:56 AM

I'm still missing a step.
Posted by: Robbo

Re: saving style edits on Audya - 09/05/10 04:35 PM

AJ, or anyone, what about the intro endings in regard to changing the volumes for the instruments and sounds how does one change them and store it as a new style and so on.

Thanks
Posted by: necdetdoni

Re: saving style edits on Audya - 09/05/10 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robbo:
AJ, or anyone, what about the intro endings in regard to changing the volumes for the instruments and sounds how does one change them and store it as a new style and so on.

Thanks

style compiler
Posted by: Machetero

Re: saving style edits on Audya - 09/05/10 07:44 PM

I am having a lot of fun modifying styles to my taste in the Audya. I don't have AJ's expertise, but I have been doing it this way.

1) I always use the "user styles" for editing.

2) If you want to change each variation (intro, ending,etc) select a style ----> hit Style view and change instruments and volumes on each of the style parts. At the end of you editing hit save and don't change the name of the Style.

3) if I want to change a style in a "global" way (no var parts one by one) I select one of the user styles, hit EDIT, change volumes, instruments, octave, add Audio Drums or Live Guitars and when finish with editing I just hit "SAVE" and I save it with a new name. Next I play the style, if I found some things that don't please my taste, I edit it again and keep the same name.
The fun part is that you can edit the same style, do partial changes and save each style modification with a new name, meaning that you can have many variations of the same original style.
Posted by: Rusty 999

Re: saving style edits on Audya - 10/17/10 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Machetero:
I am having a lot of fun modifying styles to my taste in the Audya. I don't have AJ's expertise, but I have been doing it this way.

2) If you want to change each variation (intro, ending,etc) select a style ----> hit Style view and change instruments and volumes on each of the style parts. At the end of you editing hit save and don't change the name of the Style.

3) if I want to change a style in a "global" way (no var parts one by one) I select one of the user styles, hit EDIT, change volumes, instruments, octave, add Audio Drums or Live Guitars and when finish with editing I just hit "SAVE" and I save it with a new name. Next I play the style, if I found some things that don't please my taste, I edit it again and keep the same name.
The fun part is that you can edit the same style, do partial changes and save each style modification with a new name, meaning that you can have many variations of the same original style.

So, does this also apply with saving a pattern I load to the hard disc from my usb key and then edit?
Its just that when i save the changes I always name that pattern as a song name-in registerations- and then when I want to play that song live I bring up the registration and expect it to sound exactly as i have saved it--like in my old X1 .
However i find sometimes that the changes have not saved properly and the volules have changed even though I always save the slider settings as well

Re: saving style edits on Audya - 10/18/10 12:10 PM

Anyone ???

Is no one else having the same problem as I am with saving registrations?.
Its one of 2 things going wrong:
Either My new audya 4 -[41 B factory installed] is not saving the Slider settings or its not saving registrations correctly as when i go back a few mins after saving all my settings it has changed and the level of the overall registration has jumped up again

Re: saving style edits on Audya - 10/20/10 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Machetero:

Do you have any problem afterwards with the volumes not saving? Its just that i do what you talk about there but I go back a few hours later to find that the Sliders are not saving and the Registeration I have saved is way too loud . Just curious if its happening to anyone else
Thanks
Rusty

Re: saving style edits on Audya - 10/21/10 07:49 AM

Hi Rusty,

I am using the user style section for editing styles and it has helped, but it still isn't the same as SD1 or X1. I have not copied any styles to the hard drive so I can not answer your question.

When I started using the user style edit I found additional styles that I still trying to learn for song use.
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: saving style edits on Audya - 11/01/10 07:09 PM

Robbo.

With regards to changing the volumes.
* Select the style you want (Factory[User Style button off] or USER [User Style button on]).
* Make sure the arranger is not running (style is off).
* Make sure Key start is off.
* Press INTRO (or twice) for Ending and screen should display which part of the Arranger you're in (top left corner from default screen).
* Press STYLE VIEW - display shows all style parts (Drums, Bass, chords ... etc).
* Use F1-F10 to select the part whose volume you want to change (e.g F3 - Bass).
* Press < or > data buttons to change the volume [If User 5/10=Global, this change will impact all both Intro and Ending; if Single, it will impact just the part you're in).
* Use Data wheel to change voice (if you want).
* When done, press SAVE. If you overwrite name, it overwrites current user style. If you give it a new name, it creates a new style with these settings!

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

AJ