Sending Back the Audya

Posted by: unionguy

Sending Back the Audya - 09/22/09 08:56 AM

My friend Tony from the U.K. suggested that I voice my dissatisfaction for the Audya for all to hear, including I hope, someone fron Ketron with a clue about this ketboard. I will be charged a 15% re-stocking fee $700.00 USD for the right to own a keyboard that never should have been distributed until the OS was ready. After numerous crashes, major midi file transfer problems and probably the worst manual in the history of modern electronics, I am sending it back to Musiciansbuy.com. It's not there fault but they need to re-assess they're relationship with Ketron about this awful and very expensive keyboard. I'll go down as one of the saps who actually bought this Ark and was totally dis-satisfied. Thanks Ketron for NOTHING!!!
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: Sending Back the Audya - 09/22/09 10:19 AM

Ron.

I really doubt if anyone from Ketron looks at this site, it would scare the living day light out off them, or would it,I feel sorry for the likes of AJ who takes a bit of stick and tries his best with a bad lot, if you where selling BMWs and the wheels kept falling off you would probably feel the same, they should stop selling the dam things and let them go to the wall!

Re: Sending Back the Audya - 09/22/09 10:39 AM

Tony, I couldn't agree with you more. If this helps other Audya owners then the money that i'm going to lose will almost be worth it!

[This message has been edited by unionguy (edited 09-22-2009).]
Posted by: frankieve

Re: Sending Back the Audya - 09/22/09 05:42 PM

What OS version where you running? What kind of issues did you have?

Maybe I can help with some of those problems.

I also sell the Audya's and have gone through allot of the issues, I wouldn't mind trying to help out

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

Re: Sending Back the Audya - 09/22/09 05:56 PM

Hey Frankieve, Isn't it funny, I almost bought the Audya from you guys, buy you didn't have one in stock at the time so I got it from Musiciansbuy.com. I appreciate your offer but it's going back tomorrow. Too many problems with the OS 2.0C. Talked to AJ from Ketron with no satisfaction today. Customer Service is non-existent and the manual is the worst I have ever seen. Ill probably take a hosing by way of a re-stocking fee but at least the Migrane will be gone. KETRON ROCKS!! (no it doesn't)

Re: Sending Back the Audya - 09/22/09 09:39 PM

This is an answer to a thread on the UK Ketron Forum I have just put on, go and look at the site.

David,

Only numpties haven’t loaded OS2.0C on.
OS2.0C was never purported to be a cure all it was one of many fixes it just keeps the punters in their boxes, the monkeys calm, well some.
Now OS3 is purport the cure all but we haven’t got it yet to see if it is, I doubt it, I think we are a while off a proper job with Audya.
Most people who play KB good haven’t got a clue about inside of a PC or a KB that’s why I admit my playing would give you a headache, but PC there’s a different matter.
Can you imagine Klaus when he was alive getting down dirty with his screwdriver on a dead Auyda in front of thousands.
David take a look at the Youtube of Muscia Portugal and when the Audya was first demoed, how many Audyas did they have on stage, yes two, wonder why, just in case or quadraphonic sound, think not.

Tony

Re: Sending Back the Audya - 09/22/09 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by unionguy:
Hey Frankieve, Isn't it funny, I almost bought the Audya from you guys, buy you didn't have one in stock at the time so I got it from Musiciansbuy.com. I appreciate your offer but it's going back tomorrow. Too many problems with the OS 2.0C. Talked to AJ from Ketron with no satisfaction today. Customer Service is non-existent and the manual is the worst I have ever seen. Ill probably take a hosing by way of a re-stocking fee but at least the Migrane will be gone. KETRON ROCKS!! (no it doesn't)

Hi Guys,

My Audya manual, that's the latest, is stuffed under a table leg to stop in wobbling.
Posted by: Nedim

Re: Sending Back the Audya - 09/22/09 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
I really doubt if anyone from Ketron looks at this site, it would scare the living day light out off them,

Trust me they do and they are not too happy about it.

Re: Sending Back the Audya - 09/22/09 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Trust me they do and they are not too happy about it.

Nedim,

Who's fault is that the whinging customers who pay their wages!

Re: Sending Back the Audya - 09/22/09 11:21 PM

Quote:
take a look at the Youtube of Muscia Portugal and when the Audya was first demoed, how many Audyas did they have on stage, yes two,

Even the German Demos, and a lot others are in pairs, except AJ here in USA.

Re: Sending Back the Audya - 09/22/09 11:22 PM

Quote:
Who's fault is that the whinging customers who pay their wages!

Its the customers fault in my opinion, they fell on stories, same as i almost did.

Re: Sending Back the Audya - 09/22/09 11:23 PM

Nedim,

Your right it's us you didn't get bitten I did, Oh happy days.

Nedim get some sleep now I'm off to the day job, it's 07:25 and suns up well not much .

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 09-22-2009).]

Re: Sending Back the Audya - 09/23/09 12:01 AM

Quote:
Nedim get some sleep now I'm off to the day job, it's 07:25 and suns up well not much .

3am here...lol...

Re: Sending Back the Audya - 09/23/09 06:02 AM

I'm sorry to have caused such an uproar. Even after AJ's offer to help me out with a better OS, I still really can't justify in my mind all that money for a keyboard that may never be right. Back to my T3 and maybe not as good "live" sound, but incredibly reliable. AJ, please accept my apologies and do whatever you can to convince me to buy Audya again in the future. I advertise Tyros 3 on my website as being the key to my full band sound and would have definately done the same for Audya if I was convinced that the KB was ready for mass distribution. I won't trash Audya on any of the Forums but I also won't promote it at all. This little bump in my entertainers road is going to cost me a bundle. KETRON, step up to the plate and convince me that your product (Audya) should be praised by me or any other entertainer because of it's reliability. You can reach me at www.ronvmusic.com. Thanks everyone for your support. Especially you Tony!

Re: Sending Back the Audya - 09/23/09 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by unionguy:
I'm sorry to have caused such an uproar. Even after AJ's offer to help me out with a better OS, I still really can't justify in my mind all that money for a keyboard that may never be right. Back to my T3 and maybe not as good "live" sound, but incredibly reliable. AJ, please accept my apologies and do whatever you can to convince me to buy Audya again in the future. I advertise Tyros 3 on my website as being the key to my full band sound and would have definately done the same for Audya if I was convinced that the KB was ready for mass distribution. I won't trash Audya on any of the Forums but I also won't promote it at all. This little bump in my entertainers road is going to cost me a bundle. KETRON, step up to the plate and convince me that your product (Audya) should be praised by me or any other entertainer because of it's reliability. You can reach me at www.ronvmusic.com. Thanks everyone for your support. Especially you Tony!

Ron,

You need not bash yourselve around your head anymore, put it all down to experience and promise me you won't do it again, don't buy Ketron it's not your fault you bought it in good faith and it didn't work out, your not alone here. I am assured that OS3 is out next week if it is a cure all then you can come in again some other time, but from past performance do your really think it will work, I doubt it. You keep on T3ing.

Good Luck Ron and watch this space we will keep you informed - I will give OS3 a run and if it doesn't pan out my Audyas on Ebay.

Re: Sending Back the Audya - 09/23/09 08:49 AM

Tony, thanks for your words of encouragement. I hope OS 3.0 solves any and all your problems. One of my main problems from the beginning was that I was Yamahaized from owning all three T's and most of their other Arranger Keyboards. I actually still held out hope for becoming a Ketron person and still may one day. Tyros 3 is not perfect but it is so reliable that I really look forward to rehearsal and performing with it. My dreams of finally having a 76 key Arranger are for now on hold. Stay in touch and let me know how the new OS works for you.