Thinking of swapping Audya

Posted by: Tony Hughes

Thinking of swapping Audya - 07/30/09 11:31 PM

Too many problems that are unresolved with the Audya and now faulty PCB parts time to part company and try the TYROS 3 - those irish pipes do sound nice.

Regards
Posted by: abacus

Re: Thinking of swapping Audya - 07/31/09 12:45 AM

Hi Tony
If you like the live sound of the Audya, then make sure you try the Korg PA2x first, (Make sure it has OS2 in it) as I think you will find this more suitable then the T3. (It’s also considerably cheaper)
Tip: Never dismiss anything until you have tried it. (Ignore online demos, as they seldom give you any idea how the complete package will sound in normal use)

Bill

Re: Thinking of swapping Audya - 07/31/09 09:56 AM

Thanks Bill I will!

Cheers
Posted by: DonM

Re: Thinking of swapping Audya - 07/31/09 09:47 PM

Tony,
AJ informed me that the vocal hardware problem was only on units with serial number less than F1AA103711. In other words the first batch of European models shipped.
DonM
Posted by: skude

Re: Thinking of swapping Audya - 08/01/09 03:11 AM

Thanks for that info DonM, my bloodpressure was starting to get higher. My PA800 quit working after 3 days when I got it in 2007. After a long wait (fight) I got a new one. when you have gigs comming up, that is a long wait. Also bugs. Worked fine after OS1.6 and 2.01. PA2X had their problems. Had a lot of bugs and tecnical problems with my PA80 back in 2002. Love my Korg, yet to see if I like the Audya, I will keep my Korg anyway. Tony, Sorry to say it, but I think all kb's has bugs at first. Two of my friends told me they had bugs in their G-70's at the beginning, now they sound and works great. I got the E80 from Roland to try out, the first thing they told me was that it had bugs and needed to be updated. the sound was great though. I went to the store to get a demo of the T3, the salesperson said it had to go back to Yamaha, it had hardware problems. There is always somthing. To avoid most bugs I would say: never buy a keyboard the first year it's out. I do it all the time though. Leif

Re: Thinking of swapping Audya - 08/01/09 06:50 AM

Skude,

Thanks for that advice but I went and bought and early version that now needs fixing.
Posted by: skude

Re: Thinking of swapping Audya - 08/01/09 10:06 AM

Hi Tony
I really feel sorry for all your problems, I know exactly how you feel. I hate to spend so much time on software/hardware problems instead of making music. Anyway, best of luck to you, hope you find a keyboard that works for you.
Leif
Posted by: Nedim

Re: Thinking of swapping Audya - 08/01/09 07:12 PM

If swapping Audya i would go or stay with PA2X or 800, now they are the most stable machines
out there (of course after a lot of screaming and cursing with me, Jerry and Tramanoni on the phone).