XD9 SUSTAIN PEDAL PROBLEM

Posted by: pianoman51

XD9 SUSTAIN PEDAL PROBLEM - 05/29/03 09:19 AM

I have tried 3 different sustain pedals on my xd9 and none work. One is for a Roland and the other is for a Korg and one an Alesis. I have tried turning xd9 off before plugging up pedal. Do you have to use a Ketron only sustain pedal? Do you have to go into a special menu to turn the sustain pedal on? If so ...how?
Posted by: Ketron_AJ

Re: XD9 SUSTAIN PEDAL PROBLEM - 05/29/03 10:04 AM

pianoman51,

It is advisable that you use a Ketron Pedal for this. The other brandname pedals might be hard-wired to operate 'Naturally Open' and the XD9 doesn't have a menu from which you can select the type of pedal you are using. You can try another Naturally Closed pedal.

AJ
Posted by: DanO1

Re: XD9 SUSTAIN PEDAL PROBLEM - 05/29/03 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pianoman51:
I have tried 3 different sustain pedals on my xd9 and none work. One is for a Roland and the other is for a Korg and one an Alesis. I have tried turning xd9 off before plugging up pedal. Do you have to use a Ketron only sustain pedal? Do you have to go into a special menu to turn the sustain pedal on? If so ...how?

Fatar VF1/25 sustain pedal can be purchased anywhere . Polarity switch is on the bottom. Dano
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: XD9 SUSTAIN PEDAL PROBLEM - 05/29/03 05:21 PM

PS10[Fatar], sells for ten dollars..

Re: XD9 SUSTAIN PEDAL PROBLEM - 05/29/03 09:01 PM

Finally found out why sustain was not working. I had to go into the PLAY CONTROL window and on the first page put a check in the PIAN.SUS. box. Now everytime I turn keyboard off and back on I have to repeat this procedure.Surely there must be a way of saving this setup.
Posted by: bzw

Re: XD9 SUSTAIN PEDAL PROBLEM - 05/29/03 09:46 PM

Save your settings with "power on set up."
Posted by: Luis.Santos

Re: XD9 SUSTAIN PEDAL PROBLEM - 05/30/03 02:36 AM

About pedals polarity, I opened my old but still my favourite sustain pedal, a roland DP-6, changed the internal cables (because of the polarity needed to the ketron SD1) and it's now working perfectly.

Luis Santos

Re: XD9 SUSTAIN PEDAL PROBLEM - 05/30/03 07:07 AM

Alright ...saved on power up and pedal works everytime. Thanks everyone!