Midi Accordion

Posted by: zingaro

Midi Accordion - 02/02/07 09:26 AM

Hi Everyone, What would be the best choice for a ketron product to be used for a midi accordion setup ...SD1+...? SD5...? XD3...? Any suggestions?...Thanks!
Posted by: moldmaker

Re: Midi Accordion - 02/02/07 10:19 AM

If you can still find a Ketron X4 module (they're not being made anymore), I would highly recommend it. Another option would be the Ketron Midjay. Having to carry another keyboard around like the SD1 or SD5 is just extra equipment & weight to haul. If you do not need the arranger function, look into the SD2 sound module. Hope this helps.
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Midi Accordion - 02/02/07 12:11 PM

Hi.

Maybe XD3 is a good alternative too, that's
the successor of X4 as far as I remember?

Happy Playing
GJ
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Midi Accordion - 02/03/07 01:16 AM

I bought two SD2's. One is used for midifiles off my laptop, and the other is used with OMB with my Axiom 61 controller.

With sounds from the SD5 engine, I think it sounds fantastic. The loops,downloadable from Ketron .it are excellent also.

Bernie
Posted by: jragan12

Re: Midi Accordion - 03/02/07 05:44 PM

To Zingaro:----Just wanted to let You know,that,with the X-4,(if You like to "bellows shake")You can play lead,(say "clarinet")-electronicaly,and "bellows shake",using your acoustic accordion(amplified-?)--all at the same time!!If You like,E-mail me at jragan12---thanks for Your time--Joe Ragan