THE SD1 SAMPLER NOT 44.1 KHz

Posted by: DAN.2000

THE SD1 SAMPLER NOT 44.1 KHz - 06/19/03 11:37 AM

Files saved or created by the SD1 Sampler are in 37.5 Khz... why this format???
Posted by: necdetdoni

Re: THE SD1 SAMPLER NOT 44.1 KHz - 06/19/03 03:12 PM

o ooooo...is it true? i will try...i think sd1 have big sampler problem...Aj please give answer for our questions....we deserve to know; couse we paid many many euros for this keyboard.. AJ please!!!!!
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: THE SD1 SAMPLER NOT 44.1 KHz - 06/20/03 02:47 AM

Dan,
hmmm...judging by ear I would say that even the internal sounds of the SD1 are NOT sampled at 44 kHz (not even at 37.5 kHz I might add...)
Posted by: DAN.2000

Re: THE SD1 SAMPLER NOT 44.1 KHz - 06/20/03 07:22 AM

cause, I have big troubles to understand why the I lost a lot of time on the SD1 sampler, and after lost my hair,
I decided to see inside...
I'm computer ingeener in france, so I wanted to know why the SD1 not understand me...

First, why not all wav files are good played in the SD1?
I don't know if something was changed in OS versions, but I have always sounds from computer who sounds horrible if you leave key.

I think, no one in the KETRON staff are using this SAMPLER.
They must have a software to create them samples in another format... (.ins/.snd)

So, I created a sound in the sampler with micro in. I copy the file in the computer, and I see inside the file 37500 Hz.

This can explain another bug :
When I load a sound in 44100 Hz , it plays it always a semi tone down. SO if i want to play the sound in his original tonality, I must note KEY=C#3 and play C3.

I am testing a lot of things for understand the KETRON WAV file format and the KETRON MSP file format, and then, create a software tools to help us to create sounds...
Posted by: dimu

Re: THE SD1 SAMPLER NOT 44.1 KHz - 06/20/03 09:46 AM

May be SD1 sampler has very big problems that need to be fixed. When I play certain tabla samples on the computer they sound very natural. But when the same samples were played on SD1 they don't sound that natural. I don't know exactly what are the differences, but they sound different (and computer sounds are more natural).
By the way, my computer is just a normal one without expensive sound cards or speakers. SD1 is a "professional keyboard", so, shouldn't its sampler create better sounds than my ordinary PC?

Another thing. Not only SD1 can load much less than 16GB of data, there is a limit on individual wave file sizes. For example, it cannot load a 300KB wave file. It says (something like) file size exceeds the limit.

-Dimu