Midjay vs others?

Posted by: santishi

Midjay vs others? - 06/25/06 02:09 AM

What are the comparable modules produced by ...let's say Roland or Yamaha....

Thanks in advance
Posted by: mdorantes

Re: Midjay vs others? - 06/25/06 09:20 PM

The Midjay is almost alone, Ketron has another modules, the XD3, and the new SD2, and each has different features, the Midjay can play MP3s, Wavs, SMFs with it's secuencer, styles, the XD3 is an arranger, so, only styles besides it's own tone generation, and the playback of SMFs, also the new SD2 is basically only a tone generator.
Korg makes only now the Triton Rack, and Yamaha makes the Motif ES rack, no arrangers, Roland besides the Fantom Rack, Varios, makes the Discover, SD20, VK8m, XV2020 and the MT90, none are arrangers.
THe previous models by Roland where the RA800, RA95, RA90, etc...in the Korgs I40m, and the I series I do not remember the models now.
I guess, in current ARRANGER module manufacturing, only Ketron.

Re: Midjay vs others? - 06/25/06 09:23 PM

Thanks for the details....Most appreciated!
Posted by: George Kaye

Re: Midjay vs others? - 06/26/06 12:23 PM

There is also the Genesys XP from Generalmusic which, like the Midjay, can play MP3's, Audio CD's, Midifiles, Styles and sounds. It is larger and more expensive but offers much, much more sophistication in it's sequencer, synth editing and full blown style creation.
Also, Yamaha makes the QY100 which although does not feature single fingered chording, it is an arranger module and XG sound module with a mic or guitar input. You must play 3 fingered chords to trigger the styles within the module and because it is very small, there are very few arranger function buttons like the Genesys.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

Re: Midjay vs others? - 06/26/06 03:56 PM

Thanks again.

Michael

I believe I will try the Midjay!
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Midjay vs others? - 06/26/06 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by santishi:
Thanks again.

Michael

I believe I will try the Midjay!

Good Choice

Re: Midjay vs others? - 06/26/06 06:51 PM

BTW a ? can the menu screen be seen on a separate monitor or is that just other TXT files
Posted by: bobsynth

Re: Midjay vs others? - 07/06/06 11:34 AM

No the menu screen does not project to a separate monitor, unless that has been fixed in update 4.0. Only lyrics and chords appear on the separate monitor.

Re: Midjay vs others? - 07/08/06 01:38 AM

It would be a useful feature if one were on stage and needed to see the menu on a big screen.......Anyway thanks....

Re: Midjay vs others? - 07/08/06 01:42 AM

It would be a useful feature if one were on stage and needed to see the menu on a big screen.......Anyway thanks....