Solton X1

Posted by: flowerssupply

Solton X1 - 11/29/99 06:38 PM

Has anyone went from Korg Ix300 to Solton X1 and what is overall impression. Specifically also re Quality of sounds eg Bass sound in accompaniment and any others. I know that there are 99 user styles---great.
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Solton X1 - 11/29/99 11:24 PM

Flowerssupply,Comparing the ix300 to the X1 is not fair,[like a cavaleir to a cadilac]..There are 199 user styles..tye styles are the best in the industry,the keyboard has all the tools...high quality sounds,crisp and clear, drum patterns are the best. The x1 has a full blown editable synth engine,a sampler and a great storage and access media [hard drive model].It has an accordion mode and a dedicated draw bar organ mode with leslie simulator. It also has a powerfull 16 track sequencer and SMF playback with lyric read out. Mic input handles 2 mics with thier own on board effects and individual levels. You also have a great speaker system and inputs, as well as seperate outs...Like I said ,you can't compare, not even to the korg big brother the i30.....Regards fran....yea,yea,yea. I know I also sell them..
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Solton X1 - 12/01/99 07:56 PM

I agree with Fran - This is a case of apples and oranges. The Korg doesn't even have internal speakers, for starters. I was a fan of the I5-S for a while, and I know what you mean about the bass. I think Korg bass patterns are the best, next to the X1 of course! The Solton shines in EVERY way compared to the Ix-300, you would not miss a thing, except maybe the small size and weight.

------------------
Uncle Dave