Microphone volume increase

Posted by: viocaia

Microphone volume increase - 11/19/06 04:48 AM

Hey everybody
I'm conecting my Shure Beta58A to mic in to SD1+ to use it in live playing.I love the effects and of course vocalist..but..to have a nice balance between keyboard and mic I have to give max volum for mic and very low for keyboard sounds.Is there anyway to increase the gain for the micro in?Is there any trimpot on the mic preamp inside?
Thanks ,
Vio www.viocaia.tk
Posted by: GlennT

Re: Microphone volume increase - 11/19/06 07:28 PM

Make sure the mic gain control (rear of the keyboard) is all the way up. With that, I have my mic 1 level near max, about 62, and keyboard level between 40 and 50 depending on the style and registration. Other than the settings within the Vocalizer, that's the only mic controls I know of.

Glenn
Posted by: viocaia

Re: Microphone volume increase - 11/21/06 04:14 AM

Hey Glenn
I have a Shure Beta58A.Sounds very good but there is not enough signal for SD1.I have to put the keyboard around 10-15 to have a balance.With all the volumes ,soft and hardware at MAX!
That's why I wonder if there is any way to increase sensibility inside the keyboard, on the vocalizer board.I don't like the ideea hooking an auxiliary preamp...I'm trying to make everything as simple as posible and easy to transport...I'm travelling a lot.
Also I dont want to change the mic I like the sound and respons of it.
Only AJ can answer that.
All the best Glenn!
Vio