SD1 Plus to PC conection

Posted by: viocaia

SD1 Plus to PC conection - 09/08/05 12:46 AM

Hey!
Can anyone help me with advice about conecting SD1 Plus to PC.I have the cable and nothing happends.Is there any software or drivers to install?
Thanks
Posted by: necdetdoni

Re: SD1 Plus to PC conection - 09/08/05 02:59 PM

Hi.you need this software http://www.ketron.it/software/KetronFT.zip

Re: SD1 Plus to PC conection - 09/09/05 12:32 AM

Hey!Thanks...but is this conection working like a midi interface too?To gain access to the sound module?
Posted by: midimast

Re: SD1 Plus to PC conection - 09/09/05 01:32 AM

Yes is a midi conection too. but beter use the normal midi ports to have minimum trouble (note stuck, Data Feedback, and Sd1 stop responding :-))

Re: SD1 Plus to PC conection - 09/09/05 04:51 AM

Thanks again!
I had always been using Roland, I just sold VA76 and now I have to reshape myself for Ketron...amazing sounds, I love it!
It's a little bit difficult after years and years of Roland , so any advice is absolutly welcomed!
Still analyzing the sound and banks..
Is there any Editor in the net , somewhere?
I have to "rewrite" all my midis for it.
Vio

Re: SD1 Plus to PC conection - 09/09/05 07:31 AM

check this for midi file editing http://soundcompany.net/sd1/mastering_studio/
for midi connection you need this drivers from ketron http://www.ketron.it/software/KetronXPC.zip
Ketronxpc is a software driver that allows you to transfer MIDI data to/from the serial port of the Personal Computer without using the MIDI interface..
but this drivers for windows 95 and 98..if you need drivers for Xp, you can use Yamaha CBX driver..regards

Re: SD1 Plus to PC conection - 09/10/05 12:14 AM

seems to me you have A lot of work to do I have 2 years now the Sd1 and I still remake my midis from roland to ketron ...:-) If you are interesting About instruments definitions for the Sd1 for cakewalk I have A Compleete version
But You Have to live with out many goodies of roland in your midis like the huge midi liblary ,the variety of synth sounds, the electric basses , the Brush(forget the jazz midis of roland) & TR Series Drum sets, the "left hand" of your piano, the pitch bend in drums (you have to do this with NRPN now) and many more . Don't worry there are things that will keep you in Sd1 (is a Hard One way) like accordions, live drums, easy of use the hard disk, effects , guitars , vocalist, remix function ........... This forum is the best way to learn your SD1 good luck

Re: SD1 Plus to PC conection - 09/10/05 10:53 AM

Hey!
You're absolutly right..I just start translating my midis to Sd1plus...God!..I'm really missing all those intruments from VA76...but I'm happy for the new sound I have, for vocalist section (I'm performing alone,like Onemanband)and many others.And I found a lot of good styles inside Sd1 ready for playing, no more tweaking,just play!
Thanks for your support,I'm really "new" in Ketron world.
Vio

Re: SD1 Plus to PC conection - 09/11/05 02:26 PM

For Necdetdoni !
Thanks man ,its a really amazing soft.Very usefull.
I tried to connect my SD1 via serial port, with KetronXPC, nothing...but when I'm working with KetronFT everything's fine.Very slow transfer....Have you ever tried to load a wave file...like 15M?

Re: SD1 Plus to PC conection - 09/12/05 03:37 PM

Viocaia; what os using in your pc?Ketron XPC is for windows 95/98 !!! and after installation XPC, you must make some adjustments in your PC (in your music software or/and sound manager of windows)
Yes,transfer is very slow but enough for midi and pattern load ..for 15 mb waves;you need patience and a good dvd for watch )
regards

Re: SD1 Plus to PC conection - 09/13/05 03:40 AM

Thanks for answer.I specially installed 98SE, still not working...but it's ok, I have a midi interface anyway.
Vio

Re: SD1 Plus to PC conection - 09/25/05 12:10 AM

Ketron xpc should work on Windows 98 but not in Windows 2000 and XP
You can try this driver instead http://www.yamaha.co.uk/xg/html/software/s_serial.htm
Yamaha serial port midi driver
does the same job and works fine for ketron too in all windows versions

And yes necdetdoni is right you need to make shure that your default midi out in your favorite software is selected to serial out driver
and also you have to go to midi section of your Sd1 and turn your midi input for GM to PCcable

[This message has been edited by midimast (edited 09-25-2005).]

Re: SD1 Plus to PC conection - 09/25/05 12:54 AM

Hey!
Thanks, I did it, it was a problem with cable, I need to rewire everything.Now it's working and I'm glad that I dont have a lot of wires around me.I'm gonna try the Yamaha driver, 'couse I'd like the have Xp back in mu laptop.
Vio
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: SD1 Plus to PC conection - 12/12/05 08:58 PM

Hi Guys,
I've been trying to connectmy SD1 plus ( vers4b) using a serial cable to either my laptop win98 or my xp desktop.
Both lock up as soon as I turn on the sd.
I've tried the ketron driver in win98 & cbx driver in xp.
I don't need it for midi as I have usb to midi cable for my xp laptop. Midi's working fine.
It's just the data transfer part of it.

Are there any instructions, maybe I'm just doing something stupid.

My serial cable works fine with my Yamaha digital piano & it used to work with my VA7.

best wishes
Rikki