Help me choose

Posted by: Arvon45

Help me choose - 09/15/00 03:54 PM

between the new Korg Vintage synth card for Triton and a 45 gig hard drive for my PC.

My current hard drive is 6 gigs.
Posted by: vic83

Re: Help me choose - 09/15/00 06:20 PM

your 45 gig hard drive.
Posted by: pianoman66

Re: Help me choose - 09/16/00 12:25 AM

45 Gig Drive!
Posted by: HellPope Huey

Re: Help me choose - 09/16/00 02:40 PM

I might also add that the 45 gig drive is a real plus IF you have outside storage such as a Zip drive for the goods. If you haven't safety-stashed your data at in at least two other places, WHEN it blows, you're going to emit a scream audible in Vancouver.

And while I'm no stranger to hunger for new patches, don't overlook the inevitably excellent starting points Korg provides. I was able to get a couple of jewel-rattling Moog-y basses with very little effort, just by doing some noodly programming for a couple of hours. In many cases, those "vintage" sounds are closer to the surface than you think, so that card could partially be seen as a luxury rather than a real need. Just FYI.
Posted by: jayjay

Re: Help me choose - 09/28/00 01:49 PM

45 gig hd
Posted by: WS

Re: Help me choose - 10/05/00 05:00 PM

that must come to 48,000 organ sounds alone!
I wouldn't worry. I'm sure you will be dead before you even decide which patch you want to use.
Posted by: Carlos Carbone

Re: Help me choose - 10/06/00 09:40 AM

The card would be more fun than the gigabytes, but then... that's just me, I got by with 4 gigas for a long time before I bought 15 aditional gigas

------------------