scaling in Accompainment in wk8se

Posted by: sisi002

scaling in Accompainment in wk8se - 03/24/02 09:07 AM

Hi, Im a proud owner of a gem wk8se and i make arabic music on it. Therefore i use the keyboard scaling. But the problem is that the scaling affects the whole keyboard and not only the upper layers 1&2 as it should be. Is there any solution to put the scaling off from the bass and acc. layers?
Posted by: sk880user

Re: scaling in Accompainment in wk8se - 03/24/02 10:19 AM

Maybe there is. But the point is that you do WANT that the scaling apply to the whole keyboard. In the past, when other keyboards like yamaha and roland could not do that, arabic musicians played only the BASS or WESTERN chords with arabic scales. It really sounded ugly and missing. But unfortunately, many musicians got accustomed to it and continued to use it. Now after GEM does it right, musicians still want to play it the old WRONG way. That is just my opinion.

Scaling info is transmitted on the common channel. So this channel applies to all channels. Maybe under "MIDI", you can find it a way to prevent it to do so.
Posted by: katron

Re: scaling in Accompainment in wk8se - 03/25/02 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sisi002:
Hi, Im a proud owner of a gem wk8se and i make arabic music on it. Therefore i use the keyboard scaling. But the problem is that the scaling affects the whole keyboard and not only the upper layers 1&2 as it should be. Is there any solution to put the scaling off from the bass and acc. layers?

hi sisi002:
just a note to you to view Phil's GeneralMusic Pages, noted "earlier date" in this forum. There is a new forum for us.
Hopefully we'll all go there, so that we've not going to have to refer to both places in the future. Both Phil and Chris will be answering questions
katron

------------------