Flashing WK8 > WK8SE

Posted by: JoostMerema

Flashing WK8 > WK8SE - 01/14/04 10:30 AM

Today I succeeded in flashing the WK8 to a WK8SE... Now I compared the update files from WK8SE to WK8LE; but I can't find much different things. But there are some different things in it; maybe different perfomances and sounds.

Could Paul of Cris comment on this?
Posted by: Dazza

Re: Flashing WK8 > WK8SE - 01/14/04 11:37 AM

Hi

Are you aware of what the differences are on the WK8 and SE ive looked at the Gem Web Site and all i can see is that it has the Pro 2 Piano board in it. Is there any Software change

Or is it just Hardware (Using Up Old Parts)

Daxxa
Posted by: JoostMerema

Re: Flashing WK8 > WK8SE - 01/15/04 03:18 AM

I compared the WK8SE and the WK8LE Operating systems, and there seem to bee some differences; however most of the code is the same. But, I couldn't flash the WK8LE into my WK8; it refused by either saying it was the wrong OS (because of the file name), or that the header size was different (after I edited the file name).

So, it seems to me that Wk8SE and WK8 are similar, but WK8LE is different; but I wouldn't know what...

I've got now new perfomances, both real as new style perfomances; which is a improvement. All internal styles have minimum 4 perfomances.

Also, there are new RASS styles in the Flash section. However, I don't have the samples, so I can't use them. If anybody can provide me the Real Sounds of the WK8SE, I would like to recieve them!
Posted by: msutliff

Re: Flashing WK8 > WK8SE - 01/17/04 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JoostMerema:
Today I succeeded in flashing the WK8 to a WK8SE...Could Paul of Cris comment on this?

Hello all,

Just wondering if this is something I should consider being a WK8 owner. Is there any advantage to changing the OS to the SE version?

Here's an off-the-wall question...What would it take for me to get something changed on my current WK8 (other than buying a different keyboard)? $50, $100, maybe Euros? Well, I'm gonna take a shot here.

I've written before that I discovered a file number limitation per SMF folders. I've got a nice collection of midi files here and I've been loading them into the SMF folders. When I got to number 513 of the first folder, I could no longer place files into SMF1 (it took 513, but no more). Okay I thought, no big deal, I'll start filling up SMF2 and I did. But here's the snag, when you go and do a File Save to the harddrive, the program defaults to the bottom of the SMF1 folder even though I can no longer save there. I'm then required to press the UP key starting in the 500's holding it down till I get to the two dots (. .) representing the root of the drive at the top of the list. Press ENTER on the dots and then I see the rest of the folders. Go from there. You also have to hold the DOWN key to get to the bottom of a list to the first available open space for the new file otherwise you over-write the current file.

So I propose this, the F4 and F5 buttons are not utilized in the SAVE function. Any way of turning those into END UP and END DOWN buttons? Pressing either one brings you to the top of the list or bottom of the list respectively.

Pipe dream? You're probably right. You put that baby to bed four years ago. Oh well, how about a consideration for future boards.

mike