which is better casio or yamaha for beginner

Posted by: Anonymous

which is better casio or yamaha for beginner - 02/13/02 08:40 PM

I want to start learn keyboard, and want to buy the cheap one. which is better, yamaha PSR-280 or CASIO- LK-50? or can u recommend the other? i learn from nothing, mean that i can not play at all now.
Posted by: TomTomSF

Re: which is better casio or yamaha for beginner - 02/13/02 08:57 PM

Go with the Yamaha. But either keyboard will get you started. Then, it won't be long before you want to move onto something better!
Posted by: Stalker

Re: which is better casio or yamaha for beginner - 02/14/02 04:20 AM

My first keyboard was a Casio CTK-650 keyboard. Indeed it got me started, but it wasn't very satisfying. I only remember ONE good sound (a synth-string performance sound). The keys were very bad, they rattled extremely after two weeks. And the internal speakers were very weak, too. A few month later I bought a Yamaha SY-35 synthesizer. That was something better!
I would take the Yamaha, too!
Posted by: MRT1212

Re: which is better casio or yamaha for beginner - 02/14/02 04:32 AM

personally i wouldnt touch a casio with somebody else 10 foot pole let alone my own...

my first keyboard was a yamaha ps-3...clap, and bow ladies and gentleman...

i loved that piece of crap and used it to write most my songs aged 16-18...playing melodies on it and then putting those melodies into rebirth manually...

good god i was broke
Posted by: DanO1

Re: which is better casio or yamaha for beginner - 02/14/02 11:39 AM

What you should consider is the Yamaha EZ30 .
Educational light guide system , GM + XG voices (609 sounds) . Very good sounding keyboard for $279.99 !
dano @ guitar center Towson Maryland 410-821-5200 .
If you mention synthzone post I will help you . Package deal ???
oneils4@home.com check it out ! EZ30 !
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: which is better casio or yamaha for beginner - 02/18/02 11:37 PM

Go to the yamaha for you own sake...casio is a real pain in the neck (tell ME about it), let casio do calculators :P
Posted by: sk880user

Re: which is better casio or yamaha for beginner - 02/20/02 11:02 AM

I personally recommend PSR550. Yes, it is more expensive, but very much worth it. If not, I would select the Yamaha.
Posted by: jedi

Re: which is better casio or yamaha for beginner - 02/20/02 03:17 PM

Hi,
The first keyboard that I played was a Casio-701, even though they don`t make that KB, they , and Yamaha both have KB that will teach you chords after you can correctly play , for ex. a C chord then you can start playing scales then a D and play a D scale then do the same with minor scales and that way it will be both rewarding and FUN and thats the great thing about music is the constant discovery of your own ablities. But you don`t have to push it, somtimes playing somthing by hear is just as educational!!
Posted by: novaheart

Re: which is better casio or yamaha for beginner - 02/27/02 02:43 AM

Try out a Roland E series - they are similar to the ones you mentioned but much better in quality.
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: which is better casio or yamaha for beginner - 02/27/02 12:58 PM

Novaheart, Did you mean E series or the lowcost EM series..