Specialty or odd pianos

Posted by: Sesom163

Specialty or odd pianos - 08/17/03 08:05 PM

I am not interested in these necesarily, but would like to hear about some odd or unusual pianos or keyboards, ie. those keyboards you play like guitars, um.. and anything else unusual; just curious and trying to get conversation going, thanks

ses
Posted by: 3351

Re: Specialty or odd pianos - 08/17/03 10:47 PM

Hi!
Conversation is my middle name.
I've got a lot of synths and a couple of those strap-on keyboards that you play like guitars as well as 13 different guitars, including a lap-steel. Great for driving my neighbors insane!
As far as weird stuff ... I've got a Jawzharp.
(I'd recommend to see your dentist prettty often if you play one of those). Jawzharp is DANGEROUS. And it ain't exactly MIDI.
Anyway, ask me anything you want about
all that junk that I've mentioned. I love to talk about it and all the studio-related stuff.
Ivan.
Posted by: rattley

Re: Specialty or odd pianos - 08/18/03 03:42 PM

Jawzharp? I did a search and turned up nothing. Sounds interesting.........What is it? - charley
Posted by: freddynl

Re: Specialty or odd pianos - 08/18/03 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rattley:
Jawzharp? I did a search and turned up nothing. Sounds interesting.........What is it? - charley

Don't recall the name for it, but looking at the description it must be that tiny little metal doing "wang"wang"wang"by moving your mouth and moving your finger back and fource on the outside while a part is in your mouth.
I have one somewhere and indeed you have to watch your teeth. A good name would be the american didgeridoo, but that's certainly not correct as is jazzharp...

"I have a Kazoo which also is in the same league" and I also have a singing saw

Oh, by the way a bluesharp is an harmonica, so there is a small chance that Ivan meant an harmonica, but in that case I wonder what he is doing with them that he needs a dentist.

Anyway where's Tek by the way?

Re: Specialty or odd pianos - 08/18/03 04:25 PM

Yah, Jawz harp !
I probably didn't spell it right.
It looks like a weird surgical instrument. And sounds spring-like. Just think "Boing...bowowowiing". They always use it for sound FX in cartoons and comedy shows.
Most people that hear it say that it sounds kind of Australian.
I'll find out the correct spelling.
Ivan.
Posted by: freddynl

Re: Specialty or odd pianos - 08/18/03 04:40 PM

Boy, was I close

Ok, looked it up!
It's called mouth harp and sometimes
jews harp and sometimes jaws harp

Re: Specialty or odd pianos - 08/18/03 04:47 PM

I also have a collection of blues harps (harmonicas). But I can't think of any way to damage my teeth with those. Sounds like the "Kazoo" guy's got more imagination then I do.
How do you play a Kazoo anyway?
Ivan.