KetronFT software download for Mac OS

Posted by: Rhody accordionist

KetronFT software download for Mac OS - 12/08/06 08:29 PM

I am unable to install the KetronFT application after downloading it from the Ketron.it website.

I have my Keyspan Twin Serial to USB Adapter cable connecting my XD3 to my iMac with OS X. The driver was previously installed.

These are the steps I followed:
I located the download link for the KetronFT application for MAC OS software on the Ketron.it website.

I selected the link for MAC OS. It downloaded a file KetronFT 1.01.sit. to my computer. I expanded the file. The KetronFT application icon was now there and viewable.

I clicked on the icon and attempted to install it, but received the following message:
"You can not open the application because it is not supported on this system".

Anyone else have a problem with that file from the Ketron website for Mac OS?

Thank you,
Susan
smcleodmusic@cox.net
Posted by: 3351

Re: KetronFT software download for Mac OS - 12/09/06 10:44 AM

May be it's the wrong version?
Is it one of the new Intel Imacs? Then perhaps the application you're trying to install isn't UB compatible?

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 12-09-2006).]
Posted by: Rhody accordionist

Re: KetronFT software download for Mac OS - 12/09/06 03:36 PM

Hey Ed,

Thanks for your reply. I have the iMac with an Intel Core Duo processor. So does this mean that I am unable to use the KetronFT software with my iMac? Do you know if there is another FTP software I can use?

My challenge is that I need to create CD demos off my Ketron XD3.
Posted by: 3351

Re: KetronFT software download for Mac OS - 12/10/06 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhody accordionist:
Hey Ed,

Thanks for your reply. I have the iMac with an Intel Core Duo processor. So does this mean that I am unable to use the KetronFT software with my iMac? Do you know if there is another FTP software I can use?

My challenge is that I need to create CD demos off my Ketron XD3.

Unless Ketron have already released UB compatible version there's no way you can use it on your imac right now. I'd contact Ketron tech support and find out if and when they are planning to release a Universal binary version of the software.

I'm sure the UB update is just around the corner though. That is if it's not available yet.

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 12-10-2006).]