Synth & Acoustic Demo on Montage

Posted by: Mikem

Synth & Acoustic Demo on Montage - 02/18/16 07:48 PM

The demo starts with synth sounds.

At 1:15, there are various guitars.

2:28, more synth sounds.

4:14, strings.

4:37, various pianos.

At 5:25, it ends with even more synth sounds.

Enjoy.

Posted by: Nigel

Re: Synth & Acoustic Demo on Montage - 02/20/16 02:26 PM

Great demo

Re: Synth & Acoustic Demo on Montage - 02/20/16 02:29 PM

Glad you enjoyed it, Nigel!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Synth & Acoustic Demo on Montage - 02/20/16 02:52 PM

Very nice piano.
The strings at 4:14 don't sound breathtakingly real. One of the saddest songs, ever, "Show must go on" by Freddie Mercury, shortly before his death.

Re: Synth & Acoustic Demo on Montage - 02/20/16 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: rosetree
Very nice piano.
The strings at 4:14 don't sound breathtakingly real. One of the saddest songs, ever, "Show must go on" by Freddie Mercury, shortly before his death.

This is what I was saying to you recently, about Yamaha strings having a certain synthetic "sheen". This is both good and bad for me. It's good, because I may be able to keep my Motif XF and either add a Kurzweil, or an Integra-7, or sample libraries for good orchestral sounds. It's bad, though, because I was hoping the Montage would take care of both my acoustic AND orchestral needs (actually, it's "wants", not needs. Come on, who are we kidding here?). Oh, well. Back to the drawing board!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Synth & Acoustic Demo on Montage - 02/21/16 10:11 AM

I like the strings better in some demos, here I guess the big section and solo samples are layered in a way I don't like, and it should be a bit more marcato. But it may also be the general fabric softener again...

Re: Synth & Acoustic Demo on Montage - 02/21/16 01:19 PM

Fabric softener strikes again!