M-Audio Venom won on Ebay!

Posted by: analogcontrolfreak

M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 06/30/13 06:19 PM

Okay, well I just did something impulsive! I just bought an M-audio Venom synth off of Ebay for $199.00 Way lower then the cost of them brand new. I had seen them for sale on Amazon.com for about $504.00. Something about this synth intriqued me. Thought I would try something different, since I always have loved synthesizers.

BTW: The 01/W is going to go. Even though it is a nice keyboard, it's not really me.
Posted by: Nigel

Re: M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 06/30/13 10:43 PM

I think the Venom with the PC editing software will be much better suited to you than the 01W.

Re: M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 07/01/13 02:08 AM

Yes, I think so too!

Re: M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 07/02/13 11:12 AM

Well, Nigel! I sold the KORG, downside I only got $150.00 for it, which turns out that was what it was worth. When I told the keyboard rep at Bill's music how much I paid for it, he said I had paid too much for it. I would have not been able to sell it for what I did pay, because of it's age and that it does not have USB, or a weighted keyboard and it's not 88 keys either.

I feel like such a fool for spending more money on something that was not worth the money in the first place. You'd think I would have learned by now. I'm so stupid!

Re: M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 07/03/13 11:41 PM

Hey don't beat yourself up over it. I bet you got the additional $150 worth of fun out of it while you had it anyway. So no great loss. Old digital synths simply don't hold their value because they were very early technology and were surpassed many times over. On the other hand old analog synths do hold their value better simply because they were at the peak of analog technology and were not surpassed because the new digital technology took over.

Having said that I still love DX7 FM ... while it is difficult to program I really love the playing response many patches have. But nowadays I would probaby prefer to experience it on a newer workstation like the Korg Kronos that provides FM synthesis plus much more.

Re: M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 07/04/13 04:14 PM

Thank You Nigel!

Re: M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 07/05/13 04:16 AM

Hey nowadays one day at Six Flags Magic Mountain costs $69 so you defnately got your moneys worth out of it.

You got to keep everything in perspective.

Now you will have some great fun with that Venom when it arrives.

Re: M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 07/05/13 04:14 PM

True! I have been fascinated with synthesizers for a long time anyway. The Venom just seemed like a very cool synth. So does the New MS20 Mini from KORG.

I'll let you know when the synth arrives.

Re: M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 07/06/13 01:09 PM

Hey Nigel,

The Venom arrived today. This synth is freaking awesome! As soon as I plugged it in, and turned it on. I was blown away! It was set to, Multi mode and as soon as I hit a key I was like WHOA!

You were right this is a much better keyboard then the KORG was. Thank you for the suggestion! I will have fun playing with this synth!

Paul

Re: M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 07/06/13 01:24 PM

Here is a Pic of the synth!

Re: M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 07/06/13 11:56 PM

I can tell from your initial enthusiasm on playing it that you will be keeping this for a lot longer than some of your previous aquisitions.

Have you looked at the PC editing software yet? I know how you enjoy tweaking sounds and the editing software may open up a lot of possiblities for you on the Venom.

I am so pleased you have found a keyboard that fires your imagination. You are in for some musical fun I can tell.

Re: M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 07/07/13 02:52 AM

Why, Thank You Nigel!

No I have not looked at the software. I will have to do that.

Yea, this synth surprised me too. You would't think that, someone who has a collection of early recorded blues, jazz and country, and has a taste for rock and roll. Would play Techno. This synth works on a sub conscious level.

I think what it is, is that I never wanted to play traditional music, Such as Jazz, or Rock, but something different.

It's the same way when I look at and create art. I more of the avant grade, modern art, as opposed to the traditional art, and artist.

My taste and enjoyment of music, is the complete opposite of my playing style. Weird?

Re: M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 07/07/13 05:10 AM

It's addictive Nigel!

Re: M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 07/07/13 07:05 AM

My unbox of my Venom Synth!

Re: M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 07/07/13 07:07 AM

Yea! I Can't say enough about this synth!

Re: M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 01/15/14 07:38 PM

I haven't played the Venom in a while, it's sitting on the floor at the moment. Although, I'd really hate to give it up! Some point, I will do something with it. Maybe for my YouTube channel Nipper's Electric Lounge. I go though periods like this.

Re: M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 01/20/14 12:50 AM

What is it about the Venom that made you lose interest? Is it the keyboard or is it just you do you think?

Re: M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 01/20/14 06:02 AM

It's me, not the Keyboard. It's an excuse. I've done this before? I really wanted to play keyboards. I just don't have the drive, ambition, or the motivation. I thought by buying the Venom, it would help, but, I'm just fooling myself. It's the same thing with my antique phonographs. I don't play them a whole lot either.

Re: M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 01/21/14 07:36 AM

I love electronic music. I just can not play or compose it.

Re: M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 01/25/14 05:31 PM

Not enough knobs??????

Re: M-Audio Venom won on Ebay! - 02/06/14 01:04 PM

SOLD IT!!