Korg 01/WFD

Posted by: analogcontrolfreak

Korg 01/WFD - 03/26/13 02:44 PM

So I bought a Korg O1/WFD and I am having some issues? First off no manual, and second of all trying to figure out how to get around? I figured some stuff out, but seem to be having some difficulty? I kind of figured out the Sequencer, but it's not what I thought? I did not know there is not a loop feature? It's a nice keyboard for it's age and sounds great. I did have some issue trying to change the sounds. Although it does not show what instruments I am playing I just shows combies and program numbers. Not the actual sounds. I did find an online manual site, al though it's hard to get around on?

I could use some help?

Paul
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Korg 01/WFD - 03/27/13 12:05 AM

I haven't used a Korg 01W so can't be of much help but I do have an archive of sounds for it in sysex format http://www.synthzone.com/midi/korg/01w/

By the way no-one can see that pic at Facebook you posted in the previous post because Facebook pics are not publicy available. Just upload it here as a file attachment using the forum File Manager when you post.

Re: Korg 01/WFD - 03/27/13 03:07 AM

Thank You Nigel, but I don't know how to do that?

Re: Korg 01/WFD - 03/27/13 09:18 PM

Paul, sorry File Manager wasn't set on this forum but it is now. When you "Reply" you will see a link to File Manager which will let you browse to a file like a picture on your computer. Once it has uploaded ( there is a progress bar ) you can click on Done then submit your post and the picture will appear in your post.

Re: Korg 01/WFD - 03/28/13 01:41 PM

Thank You Nigel! That was easier. Anyway here is the pic. Sorry, it is backwards. Used Photo Booth.

Re: Korg 01/WFD - 04/02/13 01:25 AM

I flipped it so it is correct. By the way you should get Paint.net from http://www.dotpdn.com/downloads/pdn.html it is the best free image processing program available.

Re: Korg 01/WFD - 04/02/13 03:12 AM

Thank You Nigel. Yea, I don't know why Apple's Photo Booth reverses the image?

Re: Korg 01/WFD - 05/10/13 06:39 PM

Re: Korg 01/WFD - 05/10/13 06:50 PM

Posted by: 3351

Re: Korg 01/WFD - 05/23/13 01:40 PM

Cool. I used to own two of these. One standard and one FD. Oddly enough the FD version had a fairly dark display as well. Even replacing the backlight didn't do any good.

Sold both when I got rid of all of my hardware junk. Just down to my Virus TI KB and a Virus b rack. Rest is all software. wink

-ED-

Re: Korg 01/WFD - 05/23/13 05:24 PM

I have a video of me playing the 01/WFD it's not much. I posted in the Bar. The thread is Just a Quick Performance.

Paul
Posted by: 3351

Re: Korg 01/WFD - 05/23/13 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: analogcontrolfreak
I have a video of me playing the 01/WFD it's not much. I posted in the Bar. The thread is Just a Quick Performance.

Paul

coolFun times. Just saw it there. It's amazing how responsive the 01W series were. Played mine to death. Loved the keyboard sounds on them. Had the best of M&T and loved it.

Re: Korg 01/WFD - 05/26/13 06:44 PM

I never intended to buy it, but something kept bugging me to buy it.

BTW: I have a CD I got from KORG entitled "The Best of the 01/W"

Re: Korg 01/WFD - 06/10/13 04:32 PM

I am considering selling the 01/WFD. It's a nice keyboard, but it's a bit much for me, and also it takes up a lot of space.