Big Gig this Weekend

Posted by: Leon

Big Gig this Weekend - 04/11/03 11:28 AM

Well, we've been gearing up for this for the last couple of months. We won the bid for a 20th annual Rock & Roll Revival Night. These have been really popular in the past. Basically everyone comes in costume of some sort. Our band is doing the music and stage show (quite theatrical). It's just gonna be a Great Night and we're really honored to have been chosen as the entertainment. We're bringing in an 8000watt front end system complete with flying (suspended) bins. We all use in-ear monitors, and I'm baptising my new wireless system for my guitars.
Rock On.....
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Big Gig this Weekend - 04/11/03 12:41 PM

Have a great show ..... sounds like a blast !
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Big Gig this Weekend - 04/12/03 09:02 AM

Right on it's Leon in concert! Yeah! Tear it up man.
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Big Gig this Weekend - 04/14/03 07:05 AM

Leon .. How did it go ?!?!?.....
t.

Re: Big Gig this Weekend - 04/14/03 08:52 AM

Excellent gig.
Seating capacity 700
Tickets sold 675 at last count (10 min. before doors opened)
Proceeds went to the Rotary Club for kids, so that's always a good thing.
The gig went very well, it was held in a curling rink so acoustics were interesting to say the least, but with the packed house, Dave, our sound man was able to give us a great sound, very minimal reverberation. We had Pacific Audio Works of Victoria supply a massive front end along with the flying bins, and we got a lot of great comments on the sound quality. Dance floor was jam packed from the first chord 'til the last note. Jive contests, hula hoop contests, costume contests. People had a blast....and we had a ball.
We may get some audio video up on our web site, or at least some pics. I'll keep ya posted.
Now for some sleep......zzzzzzzzz
Posted by: Equalizer

Re: Big Gig this Weekend - 04/17/03 06:09 PM

Leon,
do you want on my site? (www.topgig.com).

Normally I don't charge anything for putting bands on it, but YOU can get on for FREE!!!!

Re: Big Gig this Weekend - 04/22/03 08:28 AM

Geeeee...sounds like a deal to me !!!!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Big Gig this Weekend - 04/26/03 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Equalizer:
Normally I don't charge anything for putting bands on it, but YOU can get on for FREE!!!!

don't charge anything vs. FREE!!!!
What's the difference between the two? LOL
a good laugh!
Maybe you meant you do charge...