Retrofitting MIDI units...

Posted by: Wendy

Retrofitting MIDI units... - 03/26/02 06:16 AM

I'm doing a bit of some research and was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can get some info on retrofitting MIDI units to analog instruments. Thanks
Posted by: tekminus

Re: Retrofitting MIDI units... - 03/26/02 10:15 AM

Posted by: Cloakboy

Re: Retrofitting MIDI units... - 03/26/02 10:24 AM

Do you mean like a MIDI to Control Voltage convertor box?
Posted by: freddynl

Re: Retrofitting MIDI units... - 03/26/02 12:38 PM

Maybe you mean something like this?
http://www.synhouse.com/prodigy1.html
Posted by: Mgomes

Re: Retrofitting MIDI units... - 03/26/02 12:50 PM

www.kenton.co.uk

Mgomes

Re: Retrofitting MIDI units... - 03/26/02 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloakboy:
Do you mean like a MIDI to Control Voltage convertor box?

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Sorry I wasn't more specific, I work for a Pipe Organ restoration company, My Boss had asked if I can do some research for him, he's working on an electric organ for a church in IA. He said that the Pastor of the Church wants the organ to be retrofitted with MIDI. To make a long and boring story more long and more boring, the organ was built by Allen Organs some 30 years ago and isn't exactly designed for the interface to pop right in there (hoping this makes sence) He says that with some tinkering it can be done, but would like to know more about it so he doesn't make any mistakes. I hope I explained this a bit better. Thanks again.
Wendy

Re: Retrofitting MIDI units... - 03/26/02 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by freddynl:
Maybe you mean something like this?
http://www.synhouse.com/prodigy1.html

Hi, thanks for posting, I'll check out the link. I've post something more specific in one reply. Thanks again.
Wendy

Re: Retrofitting MIDI units... - 03/26/02 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mgomes:
www.kenton.co.uk

Mgomes

Hi,
Thanks for posting the link, I'll check it out. I posted up a more specific reply hoping that it made some sense as to what I'm looking to find. Thanks again.
Wendy