K2661-What a superb keyboard!

Posted by: sLOWER

K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/21/05 08:59 AM

...I just stop to play my new K2661...before 30 min I get it out of box. It's AMAZING!!It looks very profy...and most important thing- IT SOUNDS!!!
...there is 1 big MINUS...when you try to select another program/setup KDFX needs some time to reload.In that way the new sound is changed with the efect of the one before for abbout 1 or 2 sec til it loads...when I bypass KDFX It's ll normall...

I'm so in love with my new "NON VP BABE"

sLOWER
Posted by: Sheriff

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/21/05 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sLOWER:
...I just stop to play my new K2661...before 30 min I get it out of box. It's AMAZING!!It looks very profy...and most important thing- IT SOUNDS!!!

Gimme a tune, man!!! Let me hear it!!! YEEEEAAAAHHH!!!!

Quote:
...there is 1 big MINUS...when you try to select another program/setup KDFX needs some time to reload.

That's normal for DSP effects I think. Try to use the effects like static effects!? What I mean is: In the effect section you have to have the possibility to select the way the effect will be used. Usually I take choice of the channel related setting instead of the program related setting.
I hope you know what I mean - I'm not so sure of what I say because I'm hungry...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/21/05 02:00 PM

...I'll try that some other day,didn't go that deeply...this machine is so powerfull!!...I just love it!!...LA(D50) & FM emulations sound allmost as on real synths..maybe even better.. .I download some k2661 stuff from the KURZ.MUS.SIS site...WONDERFULL!!!

PS KB3 is GREEEEEEAAAAAAAT!!!!!!

sLOWER

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/21/05 02:18 PM

Quote:
PS KB3 is GREEEEEEAAAAAAAT!!!!!!

Is it the B3 organ sound? I've downloaded it from sweetwater's ftp archive but I never did work with it until now. I'm recording a CD and actually I'm trying to shoot the trouble with a hard disc drive on my K2k. I think (hope) in a few months that all will be done and that's the point where I'll be going to test the new 'juwels' that I've got...

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/22/05 10:53 AM

"...on the road again..."...I just packed up my new NON VP BABE & X6 and "we" are ready to go!!!!
...this will be our first gig...

sLOWER

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/22/05 04:20 PM

Quote:
"...on the road again..."

What? You've got your new Kurz just 2 days ago and yet you're gigging? Wow, you must have worked on your midi tables the whole night long...

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/22/05 08:16 PM

...I'm so tired...bend just loved my new keys...this was the one of that "better sound&play" gigs...
...tomorow I'll post a few words about K&X relations at live work...sounds,etc.
...oooh,I'm so tired...good night...

sLOWER

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/24/05 04:34 PM

Quote:
...good night...

Good morning!

Is it normal for you to sleep more then 24 hours?

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/25/05 03:31 PM

...heeeej....
...I played 3 days along!!2 of them from the morning to the night...and the all the night...I SOLD MY SOUL!!!!!again FOLK,FOLK and just the FOLK!!!!(I don'ment COUNTRY)...
...I SOLD MY SOUL ...
Do You have that filling somethimes?OR playin' just what you like?

sLOWER

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/25/05 04:22 PM

Quote:
...heeeej....
...I played 3 days along!!2 of them from the morning to the night...

Boah, ey!!! That's absolutely amazing! Gigging for THREE days! Wow!!!
And FOLK all the time? What an act was it? Did you fight the 'Polka battle'???

Quote:
Do You have that filling somethimes?OR playin' just what you like?

No, I haven't have this feeling since I have lost my soul to music...
Yes, I play always what I want because I'm a composer and so I'm playing my own songs only. That's the reason why I don't make money with music. I have to work for a living but this will change in the near future...I hope so...

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/25/05 05:00 PM

...it was the "NARODNA MUZIKA"-"NARODNJAK"type of music...kindly Turkish melos...Bosnian...7/8 rhythms,fast & slow polkas,rumba... similar to etno but very primitive...so as the people which listen it-with much money to spent...somethimes I can't belive how people can be primitive and without nice behaving manires...I had to play for that kind of people because of money and in that moment the thing I love/like the most became one that I hate and makes me angry,sad....
...I have a few of my song...but I'm fighting with the lyrics...

sLOWER

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/25/05 05:03 PM

...you can download some of "NARODNA MUZIKA" at NOSTALGIJA.com...

sLOWER

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/26/05 05:47 AM

I didn't find anything but beautiful girls...
...well, I guess I have to start a deep search but it's not really easy for me to read me through texts from croatia...

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/26/05 07:20 AM

...well...you didn't miss anything...
I just realize that my K2661 is USED keyboard!!!!

1. SCSI adapter is schrached
2. missing optical covers
3. keys are dirty(part betven them)
4. guide book is used,paper is curved et the end
5. when I first turn on "K" it wasn't at prog & setup no. 1 but at some other number which was used before I got IT!!!

I'm going to shop and get NEW ONE!!!!!
Or get my money back!!!!!

Matt

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/26/05 07:35 AM

That's not a good story. You bought a 'new' synth and now you realize that it's used? And for that you had to wait such a long time? Didn't you told me that the synth was shipped?

Go to the dealer and kick'em in his a§§!!!

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/26/05 08:25 AM

...I bought that synth last week...from the begining something was strange to me...
...maybe I am young,but I know much more about keyboards & selling them then they think I know...
It's a good keyboard,but I gave money for the "NEW GOOD ONE"...I'll see what's gonna be tommorow...today I called at the shop few times but "the cheef is not there"...tommorow I'm going there and I'll give them a day time to find me a new keyboard...or give me my money back!!!!

Matt

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/26/05 11:40 AM

Quote:
...tommorow I'm going there and I'll give them a day time to find me a new keyboard...or give me my money back!!!

I wish you luck for your plan!
I'm curioused to hear more about the story. Tell us as soon as you can how the dealer reacted. Maybe it was only a mistake but don't let you be stultified by him.

------------------
Sheriff ;-)
Posted by: 3351

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/26/05 02:43 PM

Oh,
Whatta pisser!
A brand new K turned out to be a beat up refugee from it's previous owner? OUch...

A Kurz is a Kurz. Panels can be replaced, keys cleaned and the smell....
Well you'll have to weight for that to go away.

You have multiple options. The best one (in case you don't get the money back) is to inflict as much damage on a seller. Just enough so his apearance slightly resembles the appearance of the used and beat up Kurz.
Eye for an eye kind of thing. MOre like, key for a finger....
LOL

But really, couldn't you tell that it's used when you were checking it out in the store?

-ED-

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/26/05 04:43 PM

...when I came at the store they bring that keyboard from the van,I just looked at the box to see if there is all...there was crowded situation in the shop,many things and boxes... so I talk with a friend who is working there and decide to look for other things at home.When I come home I was so out of myself that I didn't realize that things...maybe that is not used keyboard but it was somewhere in some other shop for a long,long time...
...I know that last weekend that friend borrowed NEW Motif ES from the shop to other friend who was gigging somewhere...so maybe,in some other shop some friend borowed K2661 to some other friend...
...I have a second friend who is working at the other shop and he is using new keyboards from the shop every weekend on the giggs...later they are sold as NEW!!!!

I'm so angry!!!!...oh,yes...there is steel plastic cover on the K's display...and it smells as new keyboard(I think)...BUT it is USED!!!Not just a few times!!!!

sLOWER

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/26/05 05:07 PM

Quote:
[B
I just realize that my K2661 is USED keyboard!!!!

1. SCSI adapter is schrached
2. missing optical covers
3. keys are dirty(part betven them)
4. guide book is used,paper is curved et the end
5. when I first turn on "K" it wasn't at prog & setup no. 1 but at some other number which was used before I got IT!!!

Matt[/B]

Am I making mistake?

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/27/05 05:37 AM

Yup, looks it they played the usual "oh, we have very little time and space available so pay us all the money and go away" thing. I don't fall for that stuff.

You are definitely not making any mistakes, the unit has certainly been used or at least used as a floor unit. There's no doubt about that.

Don't seadle for anything less but a refund or exchange of the unit. Even if they offer to give you some of the money back and pay for the repairs. No way.

-ED-

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/27/05 09:28 AM

Yes, there's no way!!!

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/27/05 11:15 AM

Hi,
...I've been at the shop and live them keyboard...They'll get me a new one but not before 10.5.!!!!...offcourse,the "cheef wasn't there" agin....WHAT A MAFIA!!!!
afterall I think that tommorow I'll get my money back and forget the Kurzweil!!!!

sLOWER

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/27/05 12:40 PM

Definitely get your cash back. The bozos haven’t earned it.

You sure they didn’t mean 10:05 PM? LOL

Lots of things can happen before October. Like you can drive over the border and pick up a new Kurz there.

-ED-

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/27/05 12:51 PM

...YES.I'm shure...they ment 10. of May... and I'll go get my money back tommorow...

Think I'll buy some other keys this with Kurz was to much...maybe aranger...any suggestion what to buy?with 61 keys?

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/27/05 03:24 PM

Quote:
Think I'll buy some other keys this with Kurz was to much...maybe aranger...any suggestion what to buy?with 61 keys?

Hey, the dealer is a hobo but not the Kurz. You liked its sounding. Did you forget? It's not the guilt of the Kurz that you had so much trouble.

Go and get your money back! That's okay I mean so but if you really want a Kurz then search for another dealer and try it again. That's my opinion...

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/27/05 03:54 PM

...Hey,Sheriff...I really like that "K" sound...I'm so angry!!!Will see tomorow..."what will be,will be..."

sLOWER

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/27/05 04:09 PM

Totally with you on that one Sheriff,
Kurz are not to blaime. The store is.

sLOWER, find a different store. Or just wait for a couple of weeks ‘til the new Kurz gets there.
If all faills and you can’t find any Kurz dealers locally then look for alternatives. Although even then you always have the option of driving west and picking up a Kurz there. I used to do it all the time.
May be not picking up Kurzwells but when I was living in Budapest I always shopped for synths and gear in K-town (Kaiserslautern) Germany. Why the drive? I liked it!!!

But then of coarse it's a matter of wether you like driving or not. I sure did back in the days.

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 04-27-2005).]

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/27/05 04:28 PM

...If I buy K at local dealer it cost me much cheaper than If I'm going at some EURO shop to get it.Don't know how but keys prices are much lower here....

sLOWER

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/27/05 04:48 PM

Yet another proof to the fact that cheaper doesn't mean better.

I'm no expert on euro prices, since the last time I was there the wall was still up. I've visited from time to time and even lived in Switzerland and later France but not long enough to make me european.

So I guess you are down to only two options...
Either wait for another Kurz to arrive or get your cash and find another dealer.

But as you said. TOmorrow is another day.
Anger tends to waer off overnight. Especially if you have a good drink and a nice pretty girl right next to ya!

-ED-

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/27/05 04:50 PM

Quote:
...Don't know how but keys prices are much lower here...

Hey, maybe I should take a ride to croatia? I want some new colours in sounding...maybe 'purple'?

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/27/05 04:52 PM

...ouuu...yes I have... but one of them went home...gess who...

sLOWER

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/27/05 04:54 PM

...SHERIFF...you steel don't belive that it IS PURPLE???

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/27/05 05:03 PM

Quote:
...SHERIFF...you steel don't belive that it IS PURPLE???

Hey, where are the photos?
I will come and buy a purple one...hehehe...
...and I hope it will sound much better than my black one...

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 04-27-2005).]

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/27/05 05:07 PM

...you should go to www.kurzweil.dk site and look for a VP...

sLOWER

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/28/05 07:02 AM

Hey, cool!!! I saw a half-purpled black K2600R (I missed the letters 'VP'! ). All the old ROMs (K2000/2500) do also fit in this device. KDFX5 is great, 32 layers per MIDI channel is fantastic, 32 tracks in sequenzer is more than necessary, up to 128 MB sample RAM is phenomenal, 48 voices of polyphony and 192 oscillators is gigantic...
Guys, I have a new dream...

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/28/05 07:18 AM

With all due respect sir,
My dream is a new Mac dual processor G5.
BTW The Micro Q rocks!
Very impressive little guy. In some ways it even outperforms some of my favorite software beasts.

K2600 VP?
I like the idea. How much for that dream?
Who do I have to sell my soul to for that?

-ED-

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/28/05 09:47 AM

...ha,ha,ha... "very" funny...

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/28/05 09:56 AM

...there is no K2600 VP,only K2000 VP http://www.kurzweil.dk/product_k2000.html

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/28/05 11:05 AM

Wow, now I'm really flashed!!! Totally purple but the keys - they are still black'n'white...

I can't believe that this little wonderworld is still available. Where do they get the electronic parts from to build this engine to date?

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 04-28-2005).]

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/28/05 12:48 PM

...you are joking with me... OKEY

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/28/05 12:53 PM

Yes sLOWER,
There is no such thing as a purple heaven called K2600VP. But if there was, Sheriff and I would be playing them right now.
Especially if it had purple keys.

Now, that would be worth selling my soul for!

Actually I don't know why you percieve playing folk music as selling your soul. You probably thought of this many times. .
Just because you get to perform something that a lot of people love, doesn't at all mean that you have to make yourself think that you don't like it.
I have no doubt that you realize that you are probably quite good at playing that music. After all there are people who pay you to perform it right?
Would you yourself pay for something that really sucks?
I don't think they would either.

Just my thoughts.

-ED-

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/28/05 01:28 PM

Quote:
...you are joking with me... OKEY

Only a little bit I'm joking...
Really, I saw the totally purple K2000...and I saw the half-purple half-black K2600R...and I love it. I love it because I know the sound ability of the Kurz. The colour is simply not important...okay, I would propably hate a flashy pink Kurz or a neon yellow one...*aaaaaarrrrrghhhh*...

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/29/05 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 3351:
Yes sLOWER,
There is no such thing as a purple heaven called K2600VP. But if there was, Sheriff and I would be playing them right now.
Especially if it had purple keys.

Now, that would be worth selling my soul for!

Actually I don't know why you percieve playing folk music as selling your soul. You probably thought of this many times. .
Just because you get to perform something that a lot of people love, doesn't at all mean that you have to make yourself think that you don't like it.
I have no doubt that you realize that you are probably quite good at playing that music. After all there are people who pay you to perform it right?
Would you yourself pay for something that really sucks?
I don't think they would either.

Just my thoughts.

-ED-

...as I said before,it is not hard for me to play "NARODNJAK" but it is hard when you have to play it all night along...I like to play anything as long as it's litle bit quality...90% of this music is...I have one word for it but don't wonna be rood...What is quality? good melody,lyrics,good arrangment,don't has to be at some higher playable level to be good song...but this is some other theme,for some other topic..everyone has its own taste for music and it's not debatable thing...

sLOWER

Re: K2661-What a superb keyboard! - 04/29/05 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheriff:
Quote:
[b]...you are joking with me... OKEY

Only a little bit I'm joking...
Really, I saw the totally purple K2000...and I saw the half-purple half-black K2600R...and I love it. I love it because I know the sound ability of the Kurz. The colour is simply not important...okay, I would propably hate a flashy pink Kurz or a neon yellow one...*aaaaaarrrrrghhhh*...

[/B]

...same for me...few yaers ago it was very important to me how synth looks...nowadays still is but not as it was... (what a sentence)

sLOWER