What is the best software synth for PC?

Posted by: rando

What is the best software synth for PC? - 06/20/03 11:31 AM

I'm looking for any opinion for not so difficult to maintain software synthesier for PC with good sound and huge possiblities of the sound creations.
Thx for any answer.
Posted by: MRT1212

Re: What is the best software synth for PC? - 06/20/03 04:11 PM

reaktor hands down. its modular basicly so you can create almost anything your mind dreams up. ive created a few instruments that were strictly utilitarian in nature (a 303 with a step 8 sequencer with controls for every paramater[pan to cutoff to level to wave type] for each step, and a 12 voice sampler with 4 fx banks[ring mod, distortion, filter, stereo tap delay, reverb and EQ] and 3 layers per voice, individual pitch for each layer, asdr envelope for each voice, etc etc)

its really a godsend
Posted by: Pilot

Re: What is the best software synth for PC? - 06/20/03 04:14 PM

I use the Yamaha SYXG50 but I don't think it's what you're looking for. Great possibilites for sound, though, but you need someting to drive it, like XGworks. I can recommend a new book whuch I just bought. "Software Synthesizers" by Jim Aikin of Keyboard mag. Look it up on Amazon. It gives the lowdown on dozens of soft synths and has a CD with demos and acouple of free synths.

Bryan
Posted by: rando

Re: What is the best software synth for PC? - 06/20/03 05:06 PM

Great thanx guys :-)