SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#13030 - 12/02/04 12:58 PM Casio's forum appears to be history
quietDIN Offline

A while back I posted a link for Casio's forum. I just tried to look at the Irish forum site, which had been a functional replacement for the UK site. Well, it seems that in their infinite wisdom, they pulled the plug on it today. Attempting to access http://www.casio.ie/music/forum/ now just links you to the UK keyboard products page. Part of the "bang for the buck" is gone.

You can draw your own conclusions, but it seems to reflect Casio's lack of interest in supporting their customers. I, for one, probably won't be recommending their products any more.

--Barry

#13031 - 12/03/04 08:19 AM Re: Casio's forum appears to be history
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
You know it makes me wonder if there's another WK in the works. After they dropped the forum it got me thinking that maybe there are new WK's coming out (I know wishful thinking).

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#13032 - 12/09/04 12:13 AM Re: Casio's forum appears to be history
RyanS Offline

Loc: Jackson, MO, USA
That could be however, the 3500 is the last Casio keyboard I buy. It's not that I don't like the new 3000/3500 but there are some limitations that I'm quite frustrated with. For instance, the fact that I can only use 1 DSP at a time really discourages me from using the layer or split function. Also there was something I wanted to do with the rotary effect that simply could not be done because of the DSP limitation. Also the fact that you can only use one set of drawbar settings minimizes some potential was well. I know there were a couple of other things users have mentioned in the past. I know it sounds like I despise the thing but I think its more of a love/hate type deal. I love it for the things it can do but hate it for the things it can't. Oh well though, you get what you pay for I suppose.

#13033 - 12/09/04 09:54 PM Re: Casio's forum appears to be history
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Yeah there are some things I wish the board did, but you got to look at what all it does do.., and then look at the price. It is frustrating only having one DSP. The way I get around that is depending on the voice I'm using. I'll often use the GM voices for backing, and choose a preset voice for solo. Plus I have a software sequencer that records 16 midi tracks and 4 audio tracks. If I want I can record GM voices to the midi tracks and record 4 audio over top of that. I can plug the board in and use 4 of the preset voices and have 4 DSP's for a song. Cheap shortcut, but it gets the job done. Personally I'd love to see another version of the MZ-2000 come out. They did such a good job with that board and were really heading in the right direction. Too bad most people didn't take it seriously because it was a Casio.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online