SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#12731 - 07/02/99 11:04 AM cz101 librarian problems
WreckStep Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH USA
I aquired a 101 from a guy a couple months ago, and i've fallen in love with this machine! I had a blast with it after slaving it to my sequencer.. but i have one problem... I downloaded a cz101 librarian from hyperreal.com and i can't for the life of me get that thing to send or receive patch data.. the author of the program says that the program will only recognize the keyboard when it's on channel 1 (which it is) and that the MPU-401 is on IRQ 9 (which i changed it too).. still the program says that the MPU-401 attempt fails when i try to send or receive patches.. Mind you i'm a novice at midi implemination.. so i could be doing something totally wrong here.. i dunno. is it the software?? can someone offer any advice or suggestions?

#12732 - 07/11/99 02:23 AM Re: cz101 librarian problems
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
If you are trying to load in sound data , you must make sure the CZ-101 has MIDI-SYSTEM EXCLUSIVE . If it does , make sure you have it activated and instruct it to receive patch data . If it does not have SYSTEM EXCLUSIVE than it will not receive patch data . Since that keyboard was made in 1984-85 it may not have it , very few did . The 101 was the entry level of the CZ series.

#12733 - 08/08/99 10:50 AM Re: cz101 librarian problems
drfuzz Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas USA
There are many other chances for problems here... and the CZ's DO have system exclusive. How old is the program you're using? What operating system is it meant for? What midi interface is it meant for? Have you tried some of the other editors out there? You should also check and see if the system exclusive is turned on in the CZ.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online