SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#12882 - 06/09/06 07:45 PM Casio To Yahama
Robert Seerattan Offline

I Have patterns created on my casio wk 1800 but it is not working (the keyboard). I would like to convert the pattern file to play using a yahama psr 550 keyboard.

#12883 - 06/10/06 11:03 AM Re: Casio To Yahama
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
It's been a while since I played with that model, but...if you can make the style into a 'midi' file...you may be able to do a conversion. The newer wk's use the Casio Data Management Software, to design the rhythms from midi files. Hope this helps.

#12884 - 06/15/06 08:23 PM Re: Casio To Yahama
Robert Seerattan Offline

Thanks for the advice. can't seem to find a suitable program to do the conversion. any reccommendations?

#12885 - 06/16/06 05:10 PM Re: Casio To Yahama
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
I have used PG Music's program, 'Power Tracks' www.pgmusic.com
I set Power Tracks to record, then play the keyboard pattern (like just a 'C' chord....using the intro/ variation/ ending). Save the recording as a midi file. The big question then is there a conversion program for midi to Yamaha 'style'? I would suggest asking that question on a Yamaha forum...they should be able to direct you...if there is that type program. In the Casio world...Casio has a converter program (for the wk series) on the company download site. That wouldn't help you for the Yamaha conversion, though. I hope you can find the help you need.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online