SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#13237 - 12/16/04 12:46 AM Styles
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
I get the impression that some of the contributors to the forums are of my generation.
I am a young seventy year old.
I also note that quite a few perform at Nursing Home and Retiremment Villages and would be interested to learn what music you play at these venues.
I find it irksome that most styles are in the Jaz or rock and roll category as well as other modern music.
I would like styles that would go with the songs sung by example Nelson Eddy (Rose Marie comes to mind)John Charles Thomas,Howard Keel,Bing Crosby and Dennis Connor etc.

#13238 - 12/16/04 04:16 AM Re: Styles
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
There are 'big band' rhythms on the wk-3000/3500's. That is the 76 note Casio keyboard. This keyboard also has the ability to add new rhythms (from internet downloads, or ones you make yourself). We (users) have hundreds of styles that we are sharing. The Casio CKT 691 is the shorter note keyboard...using the same tones as the larger wk3000/3500's. You could also 'cheat' a little...and play along with the many 'midi' files of the great old tunes that are avalible on the internet, and can be played using the Casio.
Here is 'our' web link, if you want to learn more about these keyboards.
I haven't seen the other keyboard you ask about.
Merry Christmas, Jim http://www.originalz.com/casio/casio_bbs/

[This message has been edited by Jim Wintringham (edited 12-16-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Jim Wintringham (edited 12-16-2004).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online