SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#12362 - 11/03/99 06:15 PM DM pro OMS factory names
mattio Offline

Loc: parma,Italy
has anyone created or found a file of OMS factory names (or a Galaxy module) for the DM pro???
please, help me!

#12363 - 11/24/99 10:12 PM Re: DM pro OMS factory names
morphyx Offline

Loc: winchester va
I m sorry I cant help you but would like to ask you a question. I played with the DMpro last week and thought it was an awsome drum kit! However, I didnt like the fact that to change kits, you have to press a button and then it loads. Is this true when choosing a kit with a midi sequencer? In other words,..if a sequence was playing from Cubase using the 'pro kit' and you send a midi patch change command,to play 'techno kit', will it change patches or do you have to press the button? thanks...morphyx

#12364 - 11/28/99 05:39 PM Re: DM pro OMS factory names
mattio Offline

Loc: parma,Italy
Hi Morphyx,
in the DMpro you can load a new drumkit (from 'ProKit' to 'TechnoKit') using a bank program change as you usually do on a synth - you don't have to press any button (you virtually press it by sending a MIDI message). You can use only one drumkit at a time (due to their big dimensions), you can't play drums from different drumkits at a time - it is ok for live drummers but quite annoying in the studio. As I totally dislike DMpro factory drumkits, I had to build my own drumkits (but I must admit it is a quite fast process, and editing of new sounds is very good). Changing drumkits is quite slow - it takes about 2 s to load the whole drumkit and you can't play until it's fully loaded. If you have to play sequences (or sounds/samples you put directly on the PCMCIA card via MIDI by SoundBridge software enclosed with DMpro...), you can trigger them from the card by midi or by audio triggers. Bye

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online