SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#309600 - 09/03/06 08:10 PM BIAB Demo song using Edited Soundfont
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I've been trying to put together a soundfont for some of the BIAB songs/styles.
Below is a BIAB new age demo, played with my edited soundfont. ( I did not play the actual BIAB song, it's a demo from the Soundtrack folder)
Haven't tried recording an MP3 before either, so may not quite sound as it should haa haa. Recording side of things I have a LOT to learn. Hope this link works. http://www.4shared.com/file/3445539/17f518d2/dark_places.html?

best wishes
Rikki
p.s download I think may be fastest method.

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 09-03-2006).]

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 09-03-2006).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#309601 - 09/04/06 01:05 AM Re: BIAB Demo song using Edited Soundfont
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Sounds great.

Bernie

#309602 - 09/09/06 04:49 AM Re: BIAB Demo song using Edited Soundfont
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Nice work on the soundfont. Very good quality Rikki, and the recording is fine.. nice and clean sounding here.

For a finished product, I would master a bit in the studio, but it wouldn't be all that big of a deal because it already has a good clean foundation to start with ( everything gets mastered ).

BIAB itself has come a long way since I first tried it ( way back in the Atari days ).

AJ

#309603 - 09/09/06 03:08 PM Re: BIAB Demo song using Edited Soundfont
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thank you Bernie & AJ.

Hi AJ,
I really have not ambition to start recording, haa haa , mainly after feedback on the soundfont and if it sounded ok?? I've been spending so much time editing , I was concerned it was sounding ok only because that's all I'm hearing morning , noon & night & my ears have tuned themselves to it.

Can't beleive how different it sounds on my 2 alternate speaker sources. On my Tannoys& amp which is my normal playback system, it sounds great, on my computer desktop speakers , it sounds too reverby.

I've got a lot to learn if I do ever decide to record.

I'm just happy to be able to use the soundfont for realtime playback of BIAB songs.
Next I'll do a font for a collection of old song files (non of which are gm or xg). Soundfont will hopefully be perfect for the project as I can map the drums & instruments to suit the songs, rather than edit 100's of songs to suit the soundsource.
Bulk editing haahaa

Thank you for your input.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluezplayer:
For a finished product, I would master a bit in the studio, but it wouldn't be all that big of a deal because it already has a good clean foundation to start with ( everything gets mastered ).

BIAB itself has come a long way since I first tried it ( way back in the Atari days ).

AJ

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online